brock purdy

requested by: brokenheartedjudged

title: bedtime stories

third person

"hi beautiful," brock says as he wraps his arms around (y/n)'s waist from behind. he places his chin softly on (y/n)'s shoulder and smiles.

"hi handsome" (y/n) blushes as she continues to wash the dishes.

"i hope you never forget how much i love you" brock turns (y/n) around so that she is facing him.

"i promise you, i will never forget" (y/n) answers as she stands on her tiptoes to kiss brock on the lips.

(y/n) looks at the clock that is on the wall and then she makes direct eye contact with brock. "what?" brock questions. "i know that look in your eyes. you want me to do something for you"

"it would really help me a ton if you could put the kiddos to bed. i still need to finish up cleaning the kitchen" (y/n) gives brock puppy dog eyes. "pretty please"

"of course, i will" brock smiles as he walks off to the kid's bedroom.

~~~

"daddy! daddy!" their 3-year-old son, luke squeals.

"what's up luke?" brock says to his son.

"we want a bedtime story" their 5-year-old daughter, emme adds.

"you want a bedtime story?" brock sits down on the bed and both kids cuddle into his side. "well, what do you want to hear? the 3 little pigs, goldilocks, and the 3 bears?"

"no daddy" emme giggles. "we want to hear one we have never heard before"

"ok," brock thinks for a moment before deciding on what story he wants to tell. "are you guys ready for this one?" he asks.

"yes," luke yawns as emme rubs her eyes.

"once upon a time, there lived a prince" brock begins but gets interrupted.

"what is the prince's name?" emme questions.

"i was getting to that part missy before you cut me off" brock begins to tickle emme, which causes an eruption of laughter to come from his daughter's mouth. he then turns to luke and does the same thing.

"continuing on" brock clears his throat and begins to tell his story again.

"the prince's name was brock. there was one thing prince brock absolutely loved to do. and that was to play football. well, one day when brock was playing football he got tackled to the ground. and when he got back onto his feet, he noticed something was wrong. he couldn't play football anymore" both kids let out a shocked gasp.

"prince brock became sad about not being able to play football anymore. that is until princess (y/n) came into his life. princess (y/n) was the most pretty princess in all the land. every prince wanted her, but she only wanted one prince"

"and the only prince she wanted was prince brock. eventually, princess (y/n) helped prince brock get better, so that he could play football again. princess (y/n) and prince brock fell in love with each other. they loved each other so very much"

"one day came, where princess (y/n) wasn't feeling well, so she went to the hospital. that is where she had a beautiful baby girl. the baby girl was named emme"

"that's my name," emme says with a giant smile on her face.

"princess emme loved to play dress up. her favorite dress to wear was a pink fluffy dress. whenever she wore that dress, it made her the prettiest girl in the room"

"pink is my favorite color" emme adds.

"but, the day came when princess emme was no longer princess (y/n) and prince brock's only child. princess (y/n) went to the hospital again and she had a handsome baby boy. the baby boy was named luke" brock continues.

"my name is luke," luke says shocked.

"prince luke loved to play outside. he wasn't afraid to play in the dirt and get dirty. he also learned a bit of football from his dad, prince brock. and the family of princes and princesses lived happily ever after. the end" brock finishes.

"thanks for giving us a new story daddy" luke hugs brock.

"yeah! it was the best story ever! you have to read that one to us every night" emme adds.

"ok, kiddos. it's time for bed" brock gets up from the bed and picks up luke. he places luke in his bed and tucks him in, underneath his covers.

"goodnight daddy" luke yawns.

"goodnight luke. don't let the bed bugs bite" brock places a kiss on luke's head before making his way to emme's bed. he makes sure emme is all nice and comfortable under the tucked covers.

"night dad" emme says as she closes her eyes.

"goodnight emme. sweet dreams" brock places a kiss on emme's head before turning off the light and shutting the door.

~~~

about 45 minutes later, brock and (y/n) finally make their way into their own bed. (y/n) cuddles up next to brock and lays her head on his chest. "thank you" brock says.

"for what?" (y/n) asks a tad bit confused.

"for everything you do. thank you for doing so much for the kids. and for letting me still play football while i have a family" brock runs his fingers through (y/n)'s hair lightly.

"of course, my love" (y/n) kisses brock on the lips.

"i love our little family so much." brock kisses (y/n) back.

"i love you brock" (y/n) smiles.

"i love you too (y/n)" brock says.