jared goff

title:  i believe in you

third person

the vibes in detroit were crazy. for the first time since 2016, the detroit lions are in the playoffs. it is also the first time that their stadium, ford field gets to host a playoff game. everyone in detroit is extremely excited for this upcoming playoff game against the los angeles rams.

the talk of the weekend has been about matthew stafford coming back for the first time since he got traded to ford field. everyone thinks it is ironic that the first time he is back, is for a playoff game that has never been hosted in detroit.

not enough people have been talking about how much this game will mean to jared goff. jared goff was shocked when the news broke that he was going to be traded to detroit. he has overcome so much since then and now he is looking for a much-needed playoff win for the city of detroit.

(y/n) walks into her living room and sits on the couch next to jared. "hi babe" (y/n) smiles as she kisses jared on the lips. "hi sweet girl" jared kisses (y/n) back. these past few days jared has been pretty quiet at home and (y/n) has a pretty good feeling about why.

"do you want to talk about the game tomorrow? how are you feeling?" (y/n) asks as she leans her head on jared's shoulder.

"i just really want to win. not only to show sean mcvay that he was wrong for trading me. i really want it for the city of detroit. they have waited 32 years for a playoff win and i want to be the quarterback that gives that to them" jared explains.

"can i take you somewhere?" (y/n) asks with a mischievous grin on her face.

"where are we going?" jared questions as a smile starts to grow on his face.

"it's a secret" (y/n) answers. "come on it'll be an adventure" (y/n) grabs jared's hand in hers and leads the two of them to the car.

..••°°°°••..°°••....••°°

jared and (y/n) arrive at ford field. (y/n) is allowed to enter ford field because she is the daughter of shelia ford hamp, the owner of the lions. "what are we doing here?" jared asks as he is still holding (y/n)'s hand. "just trust me" (y/n) says as she leads them to the middle of field.

"do you hear that?" (y/n) asks jared as they stand on the giant lion logo on the field. "no, i don't hear anything" jared says.

"exactly" (y/n) smiles. "right now you hear nothing, right? tomorrow this place is going to be so loud that matthew stafford isn't even going to be able to himself think. so take in what this silence sounds like because you won't hear any of that tomorrow"