justin herbert

requested by: brokenheartedjudged

title: i want you

third person

(y/n), one of the athletic trainers for the chargers is making sure that all the equipment is set up for practice. when all of a sudden, a man's voice fills her ears. "hi" he says.

"hey" (y/n) smiles.

"so you are one of our athletic trainers, right?" he asks.

"i am" (y/n) answers. "i'm (y/n)"

"nice to meet you (y/n), i'm justin. i'm the new quarterback they just got in the draft" justin blushes. "anyways, i'm just trying to find my way around. this place can be confusing"

"you'll get the hang of it soon. eventually, you will know this place like the back of your hand" (y/n) tells justin.

"would you want to get coffee with me one day?" justin blurts out.

"like on a date?" (y/n) questions.

"sure, like a date" justin responds.

"that is a very nice offer justin, but i will sadly decline your date offer" she puts a hand on his shoulder before leaving.

~ a few months later ~

"(y/n), are you sure you don't want to go on a date? i am a great guy" justin says as he catches his breath at practice.

"enough asking" (y/n) hits him with a towel causing him to laugh. "just because you asked me for the 100th time, you get an extra lap"

"ok, fine" justin playfully rolls his eyes. "but before i run my extra lap, i have a very important question for you"

"if you ask me on a date one more time, you are getting 2 more laps on top of your extra lap" (y/n) pokes him in the ribs with her elbow.

"no it's not that" justin tries his best to play it cool. "would you consider us friends?"

"you know what? i would consider us friends justin" (y/n) smiles.

"then since you are my friend, stop abusing me with your towel," justin says.

"it's friendly banter justin" (y/n) continues to slap justin with her towel. "now go run your laps boy."

~ a few months later ~

today is the nfl honors and justin is nominated for offensive rookie of the year. he has asked (y/n) to come along to the event since she has been such a huge help with his success this year. the two are currently sitting in the limo, driving to the red carpet.

"are you nervous?" (y/n) looks over at justin who looks terrified.

"i am so nervous" justin admits.

"you will be fine" (y/n) takes his hand and puts it in hers.

"what happens if i win?" he asks.

"well, when you do win justin just go up there and speak from your heart" (y/n) tells him truthfully.

"thanks for coming with me (y/n), i would be a complete mess without you right now" justin takes a deep breath.

~ later that night ~

"and the winner of the offensive rookie of the year is....justin herbert" the man on stage announces into the microphone. justin gets up from his seat and gives (y/n) a big hug, before walking up onto the stage.

"i would like to thank my parents for everything they have ever done for me. my coaches, teammates, and the entire los angeles chargers organization" justin says into the microphone nervously.

"but most importantly, i would like to thank my biggest supporter who no matter what, always believed in me. (y/n), thank you for being who you are, you never fail to put a smile on my face. you were one of the first people i met when i got to la and you have had such an impact on the player i am today." he continues.

"(y/n), i know i have been hassling you ever since i met you to go on a date with me. but it's because every time i am with you i feel safe and i feel like i am allowed to be myself without any judgement. so (y/n), i love you and i'm tired of hiding it" justin says speaking from his heart. by this time, some of justin's teammates have helped (y/n) onto the stage.

"screw you justin herbert" (y/n) whispers to the justin as she places a kiss on justin's lips, causing the entire auditorium to erupt in claps.

"i love you too" (y/n) says as justin places his hand on her hips pulling her closer.

~~~

a/n

go check out some of my other football stories!

enchanted | aidan hutchinson (status = complete)

summer love | joe burrow (status = ongoing)

have such a beautiful day / night

- emily <3