jared goff

requested by: brokenheartedjudged

title: on top of the world

third person

today is the day that jared goff has been dreaming of for so long. ever since he lost the super bowl against tom brady and the new england patriots, he has been so determined to make it back to the super bowl, but this time win.

jared's journey toward another super bowl has been nothing but easy. in 2021, jared goff got traded to the lions. then the lions end up finishing the 2021 season 3-13-1. the year after that, the lions had major improvement but still ended up missing the playoffs, with a record of 9-8.

this year has been different though. the lions have defied all the odds and have actually made it to the super bowl. but sadly, they are currently losing. with 15 seconds left in super bowl 58 against the kansas city chiefs, the lions are down by 3.

jared leaves the huddle, confident that his plan will help them win the super bowl. the ball gets snapped to him. his offensive line holds back the defense for as long as they can. jared looks down the field and sees amon-ra st brown wide open.

jared throws the ball, just as the clock hits 0. he watches as the ball flies through the air and amon-ra jumps up to catch it in the endzone.

"the lions have won the super bowl. i repeat the detroit lions have won super bowl 58" the announcer yells in pure excitement.

~~~

after jared celebrated his win with his team, he is now on the lookout for his wife and his daughter. when he spots them, he runs to both of them. he picks up his daughter emma, as she giggles.

"daddy just won the super bowl" emma says as she looks into jared's eyes.

"i love you sweet girl" jared places a kiss on emma's forehead.

"i love you too daddy" emma smiles

he places emma down on the ground, and jared and (y/n) start to laugh as they watch their daughter do snow angels in the blue and white confetti that has covered the field.

to make the moment even more special, jared grabs some extra confetti from off the ground and pours it on emma. jared then turns his attention to (y/n). (y/n) engulfs jared in a giant hug. jared places his chin on the top of (y/n)'s head.

"congrats on a super bowl ring" (y/n) smiles. "i am so proud of you and i always will be"

"i couldn't have done this without you and your constant support. thanks for taking care of emma when i have away games. and for always being my biggest cheerleader. i love you so much (y/n)" jared says but gets cut off by (y/n) standing on her tiptoes to kiss jared.

"i love you jared goff" (y/n) says. "and i love our little family that we have made"

jared and (y/n) smile at emma who has stopped making snow angels in the confetti. jared picks emma up and whispers into her ear. "do you know where we are going tomorrow?" he asks his daughter.

"where?" emma questions.

"disneyland" jared answers excitedly.

"you are the best daddy ever! i can't wait to go to disneyland with you!" emma squeals.

"i love our family so much (y/n)" jared kisses (y/n) on the lips and then wraps his arm around her as he takes in the view of teammates also celebrating the win.

~~~

a/n

i'm so nervous about starting my job tomorrow, so i'm writing requests to take my mind off it. 😁

also i love jared goff and the lions!