tee higgins

requested by: @-cleveland

title: jealousy, jealousy

third person

(y/n) has been best friends with ja'marr chase for as long as she can remember. they first became friends when the two were in kindergarten, the rest is history. from that moment on, they acted like 2 peas in a pod. it was a very rare site to see one without the other.

"hey ja'marr!" (y/n) waves as she leans against the hood of her car. she watches as a group of boys joins her.

"(y/n)" ja'marr picks her up and spins her around. "practice was so boring without you" he pouts.

"how was practice boys?" (y/n) asks as ja'marr wraps his arm around her. he leans his head against (y/n)'s head and sighs.

"it was exhausting," tee says.

"is this new shampoo?" ja'marr questions as he sniffs (y/n)'s hair.

"yeah, it smells like strawberries" she laughs. tee looks at (y/n) and then at ja'marr. his frustration grows as he watches the two interact, which causes him to leave the group. not even two minutes later, joe is by tee's side.

"what's up? why did you just walk away?" joe asks confused.

"i can't stand watching (y/n) and ja'marr" tee admits. "you don't even know how much i wish that i was like ja'marr, just so that (y/n) would be with me. they flirt all the time and it drives me crazy because that should be me" tee explains.

"look, you have got to tell her how you feel man. when we all hang out in the locker room tomorrow before the game tells her everything" joe puts a hand on tee's shoulder and gives him a small smile.

"what if she doesn't like me like that?" tee frowns. "what if she would rather be with ja'marr?"

"then it's her loss," joe says. "but you will never know if you never try"

~~~

time skip

~~~

today the bengals have a home game against the baltimore ravens. everyone on the team is now gathered in the locker room getting ready for the game. "how are we feeling today boys?" (y/n) asks.

"i am ready to kick some ass" tee smiles.

"that is the spirit tee" (y/n) returns the smile, which almost instantly gives him butterflies.

"i'm not scared to play them today, i know everything will be fine" joe answers truthfully.

"you guys are going to go out there and do great" (y/n) says determined.

"can't wait to see the look on the raven's face when they get their asses handed to them," ja'marr says, causing (y/n) to start laughing. she lightly punches ja'marr in the shoulder as she continues to catch her breath from laughing so hard.

hearing (y/n)'s laugh is like music to tee's ears. this flirting has gone on way too long. tee pushes ja'marr out of the way and grabs (y/n)'s face lightly as he presses his lips against hers.

"(y/n), you make me so happy. every time i see you, you give me butterflies. i like how you give me extra hugs after a win. i love how you have such a beautiful smile. your laughter is so contagious. and even though you don't play on that field with us, you cry when we lose and celebrate when we win" tee says.

"i love you (y/n) and i'm sorry for not telling you sooner" tee finishes as the locker room goes quiet.

"oh crap, did i just embarrass myself?" tee asks but quickly gets cut off by (y/n)'s lips connecting with his.

"i love you too tee" (y/n) smiles. "you honestly don't know how long i have been waiting for you to do this. what took you so damn long?"

"i thought you liked ja'marr and seeing you too made me so angry. so i decided to shoot my shot" tee laughs.

"wait, you are telling me that tee higgins was jealous?" (y/n) questions.

"fine, i was jealous" tee admits.

"well, i love you too tee" (y/n) wraps her arms around tee's neck and melts into his touch.

~~~

a/n

holy crap! the lions are playing the kansas city chiefs in the season opener! i am a lions fan and i'm absolutely terrified but also super excited!

what your favorite nfl teams are?

i like:
lions
bengals
49ers
buffalo bills