sam hubbard

requested by: @hubbvrd

title: new beginnings

third person

(y/n) wanders around the city of cincinnati cluelessly. she recently decided to move to cincinnati in desperate need of a fresh start. she holds up the map in her hand up to her face and looks at it confused.

"need any help?" a voice fills (y/n)'s ears. she turns her head to see a tall and attractive man.

"yes, sorry i'm so confused" (y/n) laughs. "i just moved here a few days ago, so i really have no idea where i'm at"

"no worries, today must be your lucky day because i grew up here. i know all the good places" the man says.

"i'm sam by the way" sam puts his hand out for (y/n) to shake. "sam hubbard"

"it's nice to meet you sam" (y/n) blushes as she shakes sam's hand. "i'm (y/n)"

"well (y/n) we have quite the day ahead of us. are you ready?" sam smiles as the two begin to explore the city.

~~~

"the first stop on our tour is the cincinnati zoo!" sam exclaims excitedly. the two buy tickets and enter the zoo. "the first stop on our tour of the zoo is the hippos" sam grabs (y/n)'s hand and pulls her along to the hippo exhibit.

"now this is fiona the hippo. she took the world by storm when she was born 6 weeks early, but here she is thriving. the zoo has made so much money off of her. i mean, look at how cute she is" sam looks at the giant hippo in the water.

"hi fiona" (y/n) waves at fiona as sam laughs.

"what's so funny?" she asks.

"nothing, i just find it really cute how much you like animals" sam admits. "what animal exhibit do you want to see next?"

"the penguins" (y/n) says as a smile grows on her face.

"off to go see the penguins we go" sam holds out his hand, which (y/n) happily takes as the two are off to go see the penguins.

~~~

after a fun few hours at the zoo of seeing the animals, they get into sam's car and he drives them to paycor stadium. sam parks the car and they both get out of the car and into the stadium. "now this is the superior nfl football team in ohio." sam states.

"this is where the cincinnati bengals play all of their home games," sam says as (y/n) takes in the beautiful stadium. "if you become a cleveland browns fan, we can't be friends. i'm sorry i don't make the rules"

"are we just allowed to walk in the stadium?" (y/n) questions.

"let's just say, i have some connections" sam winks at (y/n), which causes butterflies in her stomach.

"tell me your ways sam" she jumps on sam's back, causing him to laugh.

"fine, fine" sam admits his defeat. "i am a player for the cincinnati bengals. that is who my connection is. i'm my connection"

"that is so freaking cool" (y/n) smiles.

"you have a really pretty smile," sam says, which causes (y/n) to blush.

~~~

sam and (y/n)'s day comes to an end when they stop by skyline chili. "after you eat some skyline chili, you can officially say that you know your way around the city of cincinnati" sam says as he orders for the two of them.

"this has been a really fun day" (y/n) says softly. "thank you for showing me around the city sam"

"it's been an honor. hopefully, you won't need a map to walk around the city now" sam laughs.

"your laugh is so contagious sam" (y/n) starts laughing.

"am i allowed to drive you home after we eat our delicious chili?" sam asks.

"i would really like that" (y/n) says as the chili arrives and they start to dig into the chili.

~~~

they arrive at (y/n)'s house. sam gets out of the car and walks her to her door. "thanks again for such a great day" (y/n) says.

"i had so much fun with you. i'm glad you know your way around the city now" sam states.

"hopefully i will see you around sam" (y/n) waves as she is about to open her door, but sam stops her.

"wait" sam grabs (y/n)'s hand and pulls her toward him. "i'm going to kiss you right now, is that okay?" he asks as (y/n) nods her head yes. sam leans down and presses his lips against (y/n)'s lips. he holds her head with both hands as he deepens the kiss.

"i will see you again super soon," sam says as he lets go of the kiss.