Sing for me

Here's a story set after the events of the movie "Super Mario Bros 2023". It's about a future BowserxOC that starts a little later, a slow burn. I drew my inspiration for the characters from the Nintendo movie, but also from certain Mario video games. I do my best to respect them all and make them as real as possible! Especially Bowser, who I think is a wonderful character with a possible evolution. So, there'll be a mix between the movie and the video games, but overall I'll keep the atmosphere and characters personalities of the movie.

I've been a Bowser fan ever since I was a little girl, and I've played some of the games (love Mario galaxy so much!). I really liked PeachxBowser once, but that was until the movie changed my mind about the new princess. Now I only see her with Mario, I think they'd make a beautiful couple. So here I am with a story set in this wonderful, fun universe, with my own character. And I sincerely hope you enjoy it! I worked a lot on my story to make it fit the universe and the different personalities of the characters, because I really think it's important.

In this story, you'll also find friendship between my OC and Bowser Jr. It's primarily in the Family/Humor category, but you'll also find romance and a bit of drama.

Disclaimer: I don't own any Nintendo characters, the movie or anything else.

Very light UA. Warning, spoilers!

Song : Cover Running Up That Hill by Rachel Hardy

Sing for me

It was said that solitude allowed us to face personal failures, to find new perspectives of life, to widen our horizons. To reflect on the meaning of our existence. This same solitude that could cause us harm, sometimes even do us more harm than good. To take a step back to be able to realize that some things will remain unchanged, despite all the efforts invested to have a semblance of control over our destiny.

But fate was capricious.

He had run away. He had run away to try to find this famous solitude that would allow him to take stock. Simply to escape, for a moment, just to take a little time to reflect on his many attempts that had resulted in bitter failure. After his public humiliation in Brooklyn by the mustachioed brothers, Bowser wished he had the ability to disappear instead of ending up in that little golden cage in Peach Majesty's palace. Wounded in his pride, ridiculed daily. A narrow place, too small for him.

He had succeeded in deceiving the vigilance of the guards for a short time to escape through the window, using his shrinking Power Up to make a fall of several floors into the little frequented gardens. Then he had just fled, far from everything, far from this kingdom he had coveted for years. Without a backward glance. Looking for this solitude that he had missed so much without anyone asking him a thousand and one questions about his defeat that he would rather forget as soon as possible.

Sitting on a small planet drifting in the distant galaxy, the King of the Koopa was thinking. He was thinking about what could have happened, what should have happened if the brothers had not interfered with his evil plans to gain power. He would have become the King of the Mushroom Kingdom by the side of his tender and beautiful golden-haired princess. The same princess who once again refused his proposal of marriage on the grounds that she did not love him. And also possibly because he was threatening to destroy everything that mattered most to her, but that was just a small detail.

Her silky hair, her piercing blue eyes, her pretty pink dress... Was this really love? Or was he in love with the power she could offer him? That was the big existential question for Bowser, who was taking advantage of this short respite for a moment to himself, away from the world of his castle and away from all his infuriating advisors. No one understood him. No one knew what he really felt... Inside that solid shell. His heart of stone split in two as he looked down sadly at his clawed hands, torn between two desires that animated him from as far back as his memories went.