Chapter 19 - Friends

I wish you all a pleasant reading!

Chapter 19 - Friends

They had driven most of the night to arrive at the Mushroom Kingdom at first light. The princess on her pink motorcycle with Cinder in the back seat, both escorted by two monkeys from Cranky Kong's personal guard at the express request of Toadsworth. It was a whole stratagem that was set up to rescue the princess. It was only three hours from the moment of her capture to the moment of her rescue, a record time! Driving at full speed, using the levitating rotating tires to get over the lakes, the four characters reached the splendid white and pink castle among the green hills as soon as the sun appeared on the horizon. Peach was worried that Bowser was already on their trail, but she never saw the flying castle in her rearview mirror.

When she arrived at the square, which was still empty at that hour, the princess graciously thanked the two guards on quads who had to leave the banana party earlier to pick her up. They merely nodded respectfully to her before heading back to their own kingdom. As soon as she set foot on the ground, Peach felt an instant sense of relief. It was always a trying experience for her... Having to put up with these kidnappings and the Koopa King's whims. What a rude character! The further she was from him the better she felt. Releasing her blonde hair with a shake of her head after removing her helmet, the princess turned back to the castle to see two familiar figures rushing in their direction.

One wore a red cap, the other green.

"Princess! We came as fast as we could as soon as we heard the terrible news." Mario declared once he reached Peach's level to look at her with concern.

"Yeah, I can't feel my knees... I don't think I've ever run so much in my life!" Luigi huffed behind his brother, wincing as he stretched his aching back with a crunch. He straightened his full toolbox over his shoulder and then examined the princess's appearance, looking for any injuries. They had crossed all of Brooklyn as soon as they received the message that she had been kidnapped by Bowser, leaving behind an important repair job to come back down here at lightning speed. Since they knew each other, this was the first time they had been confronted with a kidnapping, and they had only heard horror stories. However, the woman in front of them quickly calmed them down.

"Boys, everything is fine! I am perfectly fine. I know how to take care of myself and I also know how to stand up for myself like a big girl. This is not the first time this has happened. There's really nothing to worry about!" Peach laughed lightly at the horrified expressions of the two brothers. Then she shifted her affectionate gaze to Mario when he took her hand in his gloved ones.

"Then I hope that was the last time." He said sincerely, tightening his fingers to support his words as he lost himself in the pretty blue eyes of the princess. This moment was broken by the intervention of his brother at his back.

"And who is this person?" Luigi questioned while pointing to the stranger who stood awkwardly next to the motorcycle, her hand resting on her arm. She seemed lost... Her gaze remained riveted to the ground. He arched an eyebrow at her appearance and the color of her long wavy hair falling over her shoulders. She was pretty! And apparently very shy.

"This is Cinder. She was also captured by Bowser..." Peach unveiled after raising her hand in her direction for introductions. With a pained smile, the princess shifted as Mario approached Cinder, Luigi scaring himself behind him.

"Oh no!" He whispered with his hands to his cheeks.

"I'm Mario, and this is my brother, Luigi. Don't worry, you're safe with us. You have nothing to fear anymore. He won't be able to hurt you again, I promise." Assured Mario with a firm nod, his determined expression faltering slightly as Cinder looked up at him. She looked so sad ... But her apple green eyes were really quite tender.