Chapter 25 - The final Battle Part 2

After hours of work and reflection, I present to you the final chapter of this story. And I sincerely hope you enjoy it, despite its rather impressive size, but it's worth the detour! Trust me, you won't be bored.

Chapter 25 - The final Battle Part 2

Time stopped for a few seconds.

The immense mechanical snake dragon towered over the four figures challenging him, the deep vibrations of his growls shaking the ground at their feet. Its long steel claws in full view, the angry creature lowered its electrifying green eyes on the tiny combatants, ready to pounce on them. In the sky, the levitating platforms offered an unbeatable view to the puppets watching the fierce battle taking place down here. This turn of events led to loud exclamations. Who'd have thought it? That the infamous Bowser would one day be joined by his sworn enemies? The only one not overjoyed was Tick-Tock, furious as he stood above them on his motorized platform.

"This is cheating! You're all dirty little cheats! I'm going to punish you all! Exterminate you!" Fulminated the King, jumping to his feet as smoke billowed from his head, soon red with anger. He was about to explode! How dare they interfere! Pressing a couple of buttons on his dashboard to carry out his threat, he was taken by surprise by a new disruptive element.

There was a familiar pop sound. Appearing in his pink cloud of magic, Kamek immediately activated to summon mystery boxes and quickly place them around the arena to allow fighters to obtain Power Up. The yellow question mark boxes floated to the four corners of the arena as he transformed rubble into brick platforms and lifted them into the sky to give the humans a wider field of action. With swift, precise movements, the Magikoopa leader gave a small glimpse of his great power with several strokes of his wand. Turning everything he could get his hands on into something useful, he disappeared before reappearing with a "cuckoo" in front of King Tick-Tock who let out a shrill cry of surprise. The latter stumbled, almost falling off his motorized platform if he hadn't caught himself on one of his joysticks.

"Here we go!" Mario clapped his hands with a combative expression now that they had platforms at their disposal, never taking his eyes off the menacing creature. The wind it produced tickled his moustache.

"All for one and one for all!" Excited, Luigi leapt up before slamming his fist into his brother's.

Flashing an admiring smile at the two mustachioed humans determined to fight, Peach straightened her yellow workman's helmet on her head and prepared to pounce on the beast impatiently slapping his tail on the ground. Her blond hair was tied back in a ponytail so as not to be impeded in her actions. Holding her precious black hammer in her hand, she ran towards the metal monster, dodging its first blow before sliding underneath its belly to emerge on the other side and swing her hammer directly into the nuts on its shoulder. The goal was to make him lose his balance. Because if that thing was on the ground, maneuvers to weaken it would be much easier! Crouching in the dust, she looked up at Mario who was using the platforms to gain height, while Luigi drew the beast's attention.

"Hey oh, over here! You can't catch me!" He taunted nervously, zigzagging to prevent the dragon from touching him with its claws. Teeth clenched, he gasped as one of the dragon's paws came down just behind him, forming a crater.

For his part, Bowser was still trying to come to his senses after suffering a multitude of blows. Stunned and weakened, he shook his head roughly, hoping to regain all of his fighting abilities, especially his brute strength which had been of little use to him until then. Blinking several times to stop seeing double, the big turtle warmed up with a few short hops before lifting his snout in the direction of the dragon to see Kamek duelling with Tick-Tock. On this flying platform, the two took turns casting spells at each other, trying to knock the other into the void. He couldn't remember the last time he'd seen Kamek fight, and he had to admit that it was very impressive to see him wield magic in this way with such ease! Pink spells met blue ones with a loud crack, but the Magikoopa never let the demented King's provocations throw him off balance.