Chapter 4 - Sentence

A routine was set up between Bowser Junior and Cinder. The two of them met daily to play together, to talk about everything and anything in the greatest discretion of course, to avoid being caught by anyone. The castle had eyes and ears everywhere. Neither of them wanted to risk being punished! It would be the definitive end of their budding friendship. Then every day, Cinder was allowed to eat something in the kitchen, thanks to Junior, because he didn't want his playmate fainted. If she couldn't concentrate, how could they play and do war scenarios with her beloved toys? It would only be a matter of time before she fainted in the middle of the game.

Always being extremely cautious in her words as well as in her gestures, Cinder did not want to upset her little captor for fear of having to return to her cramped prison. Everything, except this isolated place... She could not support any more to be locked up between these obsolete stone walls. Although the castle lacked greenery and sunshine, it was still better than being in her cage suspended above that river of lava. To die of heat. Bowser Jr. had never given her the opportunity to leave the walls and see the light of day again, because it was far too dangerous, as the ship was always floating in the air. Except in certain cases, notably during boardings or talks which happened too rarely these days. What's more, the Koopa soldier builders were working on the restoration of the front part of the ship, which had been severely damaged during the battle in Brooklyn.

Not to say pulverized by Bowser himself...

Moving back and forth between the kitchen, her room and the prison, the two would socialize whenever the coast was clear. So every day since their meeting. Having heard rumors that Bowser was in the process of recovering an area that had been stolen from him after his defeat by Peach and the others, Junior began by making inquiries among the soldiers. Eventually, he was able to confirm the latter's absence. In just two weeks, Bowser's territory had been halved. This irritated him enormously, as he was already on edge, so if on top of that they provoked him... Junior didn't dare imagine the repercussions on his soldiers. Even he was afraid to meet his father, to say the least! He didn't really want to get a tidal wave of blame for this or that just because his father was in a bad mood, and unfortunately, that had been happening far too often recently.

At the end of each day, just before Bowser returned room, Cinder would go back to her cage to wait impatiently for the next day. She had only one hurry it was to be able to go out again and to walk with Junior in the castle. Even if most of the rooms were for the moment forbidden to her of access, at least she was discovering new things. The little turtle couldn't contain her excitement at the idea of meeting her at dawn for new adventures, all in the greatest of secrecy. It was thrilling He'd never done anything like this before, not even with Peach, who was never really considered a prisoner. She had always had a room at her disposal, and the castle's rooms were not condemned to her. His father had always had special treatment for her when the other prisoners could not hope for any kind of compassion.

The next morning, Cinder spun nervously in the center of her cage with her arms crossed behind her back, her long hair bouncing on her shoulders. She was waiting for Bowser Junior, who wasn't really a morning person. The child liked to have long mornings... sometimes waking up around noon when his stomach was crying out for him to get up. A real sloth! But it was not obvious for Cinder who had to wait on his good will to be able to go out and stretch her legs. Time passed and there was still no one in sight on the ledge. No sound of hurried steps in the spiral corridor nor bursts of laughter warning of the imminent arrival of Bowser Jr. The silence stretched on as Cinder continued to circle in her cage, lingering for a moment on her beautiful princess dress.

She was so soft to the touch... So divinely beautiful! And luckily, she had not soiled it once in several days of running around the castle! Not a stain, nothing at all. Enough to make her proud for this achievement. The silky fabric was intact despite her various activities, which was sometimes a real challenge with Junior, especially when he decided to paint. Her fingers thoughtfully mingling with the folds of the pink dress, the woman sat down in the center of the cage to contemplate the wall in front of her. There were candlesticks hanging everywhere in this circular prison. She liked to watch the flames flicker in the wind, the movement reminded her of grass blown away by gusts of wind.