Chapter 7 - A Big Problem

Thank you for following my adventures in this rich universe 😊

Chapter 7 - A Big Problem

The almighty Bowser sat at his lava stone throne, a Bob-omb in his right hand. The fire-breathing turtle was pondering recent events, his feisty gaze trailing down the floating steps leading to his seat. Usually when Bowser started thinking it was never a good sign. It meant that something was bothering him and he needed to find a solution as soon as possible before his nerves gave out. After reclaiming some of his territory and reasserting his authority, he had set his sights on burning down the kingdom of Beanbean bordering the Mushroom Kingdom. This was purely strategic. Because if he got that side back, he could launch an offensive on Princess Peach's kingdom and thus force her to cooperate without opposition.

His plan was perfect! Soon he would storm the Mushroom Kingdom and make Peach his new Queen, giving him supreme power to rule the world as he saw fit. The Darklands would stretch for thousands of miles, bringing with it desolation and darkness. Everything he loved. A single kingdom of fire and flames... At the side of his tender princess so as not to feel too lonely, of course, otherwise where was the pleasure in all this? Happiness could not be fully achieved if he did not have a Queen to rule with him, at least that was what Kamek had told him when he was still a little runt as high as three apples. A King could not stay alone or no one would trust him... So Princess Peach was the best choice since she was the head of the largest kingdom in the world.

However, there was one tiny little problem of nothing at all... Microscopic, it was borderline if he saw it. That stupid Mario was ruining all his evil plans since he arrived in their world! He prevented him from getting in touch with the princess, pushed him away every time he tried to attack the kingdom, tested his soldiers... Just like his nerves. Since fighting him in Brooklyn and then being locked up in that ridiculously small jar, Bowser almost saw Mario as a rival. If there was a rivalry at all. Because there was no one in this world who could match the mighty King of the Koopas! No one had his charisma, his strength or even his irresistible charm. The more he thought about it, the more Bowser thought that Mario was not a rival at all, just a hair in the soup.

But one question kept nagging at him, keeping him awake at times. How did this tiny, unimportant human manage to steal all of Peach's attention! How did he manage to pique the interest of his charming princess so much? Even stealing smiles here and there without any difficulty. And in such a short time! Was it witchcraft? Black magic straight from the human world? An enchantment spell that he would have cast on her to obtain all her favors without making any effort. Growling at the image of that mustachioed man in overalls at his beloved's side, Bowser twirled the little bomb in his clawed hand, his little socked feet dangling in the air.

Every time he thought of Mario the fool, an intense anger formed in his stomach, forcing him to evacuate it in one way or another. One way was to yell at his soldiers or at Kamek. It was either that or he would send another Bill Ball straight to the Mushroom Kingdom. A behavior that strongly resembled jealousy however the Evil King thought more like frustration at not receiving Peach's attention, taking him further away from his main goal of ruling the world. But he would not give up! He won't. He will continue to wage war on neighboring kingdoms until he gets the object of his dark desires... Even if it means razing entire countries in his quest for power.

With one hand in a fist to support his cheek, Bowser tightened his grip around the Bob-omb as he imagined this Mario with his princess behind the borders of the Mushroom Kingdom. Hand in hand, joining forces to fend him off. According to the information Kamek had gathered from the spy Koopas, Peach and Cranky Kong had formed a strength alliance with the penguin leader to block all attacks and protect the population from Bowser's devastating wrath. They trained hard, every day, to prepare for his revenge, which would soon come. It was no longer a time for joking around. If King Koopa wanted the crown back, he would have to work hard to break through this new defense. With an even more powerful army! Soldiers willing to sacrifice themselves for their cause.