Chapter 1 - Treasure

I love Bowser, he deserves a bit of attention, don't you think? He's a complex character who should have his own movie, his own development. In fact, I'd love to see the sequel to the recent movie haha, and who would you like to see in it? Personally, I'd like to see Bowser Jr, Daisy and Rosalina!

Chapter 1 - Treasure

Bowser was back in his castle floating above the Darklands, the world he had shaped in his own image. Molten lava, abandoned shipwrecks, charred trees, evil beings crisscrossing every nook and cranny of this infertile land where the heat was permanently stifling... The most beautiful place in the entire cosmos in his opinion, without a doubt. But the big Koopa had not returned alone from his journey through the galaxy and he was eager to show his new treasure to his subjects. Luckily, after his castle ship was absorbed into the other world following the Bill Ball explosion, it had not received much damage. If you didn't count the massive head at the front, which had unfortunately been pulverized... Otherwise, most of the structures were still intact, the rooms had not moved either. The proof that he was the best in the conception of the ship and that nobody could match him! His above-average intellect will always amaze him.

King Koopa passed between the many turtles and other creatures that cheered him on, happy to find their leader after this umpteenth defeat to conquer the world. Not being their first time, no one judged him, always ready to raise their arms for their beloved sovereign. Even if since the arrival of this Mario in their world everything seemed to become more complicated ... Especially regarding Princess Peach that the leader of the Koopas coveted so much. The new rival of their king had a much better chance of winning her heart after the first explosive face-to-face meeting in Brooklyn, which ended in public humiliation. Besides, he had the advantage of being a human, just like her. They'd all seen it, that little sparkle in the Princess's eyes and the devastation in their Majesty's, devastated by his failure...

It was still hard for everyone to accept.

Their applause and shouts echoed throughout the central square of the immense ship as they celebrated Bowser's grand return after a few days' withdrawal. The massive turtle walked calmly to his usual throne to make a proper announcement. Waving a few thank-you notes to the cheering crowd, Bowser wanted more and more. He wanted to be idolized, respected! But also secretly loved. To instill fear in everyone's hearts so that they would never rebel against him, so that this authority would continue to act on every member of his powerful army, and that he could reconquer the world alongside them whenever the opportunity arose. Again, this was only the beginning of a long series of reprisals. He may have lost a battle, but he certainly hadn't lost the war! He would eventually destroy Mario to take over the Mushroom Kingdom and make Peach his wife, with or without her consent.

"My subjects, I am finally back after a very long absence!" Bowser exclaimed loudly once he reached the top of the steps leading to his lava stone throne. His muzzle stretching into an evil grin, he raised his arms to encourage the people to cheer him on.

"But, it's only been two weeks..." Stammered a red-shelled Koopa as he raised his finger to speak, trembling with fear as he received a dark look from his superior in response.

"It doesn't matter! The main thing is that I'm back to govern after this slight hiccup. But that's only part of the story, we'll reach our goal in the end! And we'll crush anyone who gets in our way! Starting with that mustachioed guy in overalls." Bowser shouted and clenched his fist with conviction. Satisfied with the positive response of his troops to these few promising words, he spied on the cheering crowd before speaking again, this time a little more calmly.

"My Koopas, my Goombas and other things..." He began, however he fell silent when Kamek to his left anxiously interjected, his hand in the corner of his beak.