Chapter 15 - Small demonstration

I wish you all a pleasant reading!

Chapter 15 - Small demonstration

The training continued and Cinder noticed a marked improvement in the King of the Koopas. Although he still had violent outbursts of anger, they were becoming rarer with time. He was now making an effort to keep his cool and look better, desperate to make progress in his quest for seduction. The human's advice was good, Bowser had to admit. She was always looking for a solution to every problem he encountered. Whenever he had fears or moments of doubt, she was there to help him overcome them so that he could quickly regain his confidence. Unlike Kamek who simply congratulated him for everything without really thinking if it was the right way to proceed.

But Bowser also felt this progression in another way because Cinder's smiles were showing up much more often now. They appeared more easily, especially when he was doing something right. The woman had never missed a single appointment. She always answered present when he asked for her help and not once in several training sessions had she made fun of him or his way of acting. Not once! Always with extreme benevolence, she taught him how to approach other humans without scaring them at first contact. Among other things, not to shout, not to threaten, not to deploy his soldiers at the slightest provocation, not to break anything, not to sequester, not to blackmail, not to burn everything after a negative answer...

He was not allowed to do many things, he noticed with a touch of irritation as Cinder continued her list of prohibitions.

The pressure increased as the wedding date approached. Fortunately, it was not yet set, but the King's goal was to visit Peach at her castle as soon as a good opportunity presented itself. Specifically, when Mario wasn't around to get in the way. Kamek had advised him to wait until the two brothers returned to their world to try a peaceful approach, without a flying castle or an army, in order to put all his chances on his side. What Cinder had greatly approved, happy that the Magikoopa had put his jealousy aside to support her advice. Because in the first place, it was her idea that he goes alone. The less he played on intimidation, the more chance he had to reach Peach by feelings, which was the goal.

As time passed, the King began to feel strange things that he couldn't really distinguish among his anger and frustration. At times he was an emotional mess! However, this pressure in his chest was manifesting itself every time he laid eyes on the red-haired human. Every time he met her green eyes, every time she smiled at him... He didn't know where it was coming from, but he didn't want it to stop, so he did everything he could to make sure that Cinder would continue to give him those famous warm smiles. This feeling was like butterflies in stomach, yet he had never eaten butterflies in his life ... Well, maybe when he was a child and he ate everything and anything, but as an adult he had no memory of having eaten any insect. But these strange emotions also had the annoying tendency to irritate him because they distracted him most of the time.

"Your appearance may be frightening, but never judge a book by its cover." Cinder explained while looking up at the giant turtle when she noticed him staring at her. Intrigued by his inquisitive gaze, she blinked in confusion.

"Is something wrong?" She asked him suddenly with a touch of worry in her voice. At this question, Bowser shook his head and then cleared his throat with a sheepish smile.

"Ahem. Peach has already judged me on my cover... She just sees me as a ruthless, heartless monster!" Complained the latter before sighing in frustration. Unfortunately, he was so lost in thought that he had only heard the last part of Cinder's explanation. The thing from the books that made no sense to him. But luckily, he had managed to mask that confusion before she noticed!

"Well, she judged what you chose to show her. A power-hungry tyrant who only operates by blackmail... An evil being destroying everything in his path who takes whatever he pleases without ever considering the opinions of others." Briefly summarized Cinder with a shrug as Bowser glared at her with his fists at his hips.