Chapter 1

Delhi Airport..

"Look who's here!!"...Sudha exclaims, as she catches sight of her son! He walks towards her with his broad open arms and with a heart filled with joy! With a great tenderness, Sudha takes hold of his face in her hands and plants a gentle kiss on his forehead. Her heart swells up with emotions to see her Sidharth being transformed into a grown man today!

"Mom..!"..Sidharth smiles warmly as he takes her into his embrace and Sudha being all overwhelmed struggles to hold back her tears..

"No more tears! I just want to see you happy now!"

"I so wish Ashutosh was here, I miss him terribly today! He had always dreamt of seeing you like this bachha!"

"You only say Mom that he is always there, watching over us.."

"He is!"..she smiles subtly through her tears..

Ashutosh Gupta, the late husband of Mrs. Sudha Gupta, lived life on his own terms and established a thriving business empire through his own efforts! His strong values were passed down to his only son, Sidharth, who evidently carries them within himself today. Despite strong hindrance from his family, Ashutosh was driven by his immense love for Sudha, who is a Bengali, and ultimately chose her over a life of luxury. This love served as his sole motivation to surpass even his father's success! And today, Sidharth is the sole heir to the vast Gupta Industries..!

**************

Sudha's father has also passed away, and her 75-year-old mother, who Sidharth loves endearingly and affectionately calls her Thammi, now lives with Sudha. Sidharth and Thammi share a special bond, and she has a deep fondness for him as well..

In her time, Thammi served as a headmistress of a school and still possesses that strong persona! Despite being 75 years old, her thoughts and perspectives are remarkably progressive and forward-thinking..

She is waiting patiently for Sidharth to arrive. Although Thammi is being confined to a wheelchair, yet she has been diligently supervising all preparations and directed the cook to prepare all his favorite dishes. Her energy is unmatched and it leaves all househelps struggle to keep up with her..

"Kya kar rahi hai Meena?! Sidharth ko spicy foods pasand nehi hai!"...says Thammi being all annoyed at the cook..

"Sorry Thammi, kam kar deti hoon.."...replies Meena, their cook..

"Pata nehi tum log dhang se kaam karna sikhoge bhi ya nehi!"

"Ab sahi kardiya maine..bhaiya ko pasand ayega..dekh lena aap"..Meena has been working for a while now and Sudha treats her like family as well..

*************

After an hour..

Sidharth walks into the house cautiously, taking deliberate steps to avoid drawing attention, and approaches his Thammi from behind, embracing her with all his warmth!

"Amar shona bachha!"...Thammi knows this touch and quickly turns around to find her most favorite being on earth, her only adorable grandson..

"Thammi, not bad huh?! Aap ko pata chal jata hai!"

"Nani hoon teri!"

"Haan ji! And Lunch and all is set I see already!"... Sidharth is happy to see a spread of all his favorite dishes..

"Yes all set! Sab kaam tou mujhe hi karna parta hai! Your mom is always busy with work. And if I let Meena handle things, I'm not sure what she would do!"

"Hayee Thammi! English aati hai mujhe! Dekh lijiye Madam aap bhi!...says Meena, turning to Sudha, almost in a complaining tone..

"Ma! Keno bolcho eshob?! Why do you keep poking her?!"..asks Sudha annoyingly.. (Thammi and Sudha sometimes communicate in Bengali)