Chapter 10

Sana and Sidharth barge into the house, swiftly making their way to Thammi's room! There, they discover Sudha vigorously rubbing her feet to bring her to senses while Sidharth approaches Thammi to see if she is at all responsive. Unfortunately, she remains almost motionless, so he doesn't waste any time further and carries her in his arms to take her to the emergency..

***********

"Ruh.. tu theek hai na?"...Sana calls Ruhi to check on her from hospital..

"Haan Masi main bilkul theek hoon..how is Thammi?"

"She is still critical.."..replies Sana..

"Don't worry, she will be okay..and please stop worrying about me..I am absolutely fine..abhi so jaungi.."

"Lock the doors properly aur kisiko maat batana ki main ghar pe nehi hoon..or else it will be a disaster! Pata hai na tujhe!"..Sana means their family..

"Yes, I know Masi! I will handle everything..you take care of them.."

"Ok..bye..so ja"

"Bye Masi..zyada padeshan maat hona!"..Ruhi keeps down the phone..

Sana approaches Sudha, who has been chanting the name of her God for the past two hours..

"Ma'am..please relax karo aap! She will be okay..Babaji sab sahi kardenge.."..Sudha pays no heed to Sana and keeps chanting in the same manner!

"Aap meri baat nehi sunoge na? Main koi nehi lagti na aapki?!"

She turns her face towards Sana and bursts out into tears like never before!!

Sana has always considered Sudha as a strong individual, so it deeply saddens her to witness her idol, whom she holds in high regard, struggling to hold onto her emotions! So with an empathy, she grasps Sudha's hand and holds her in a comforting hug...

Meanwhile, Sidharth stands at a distance, observing them both, and his heart feels all heavy by a similar sense of sorrow..!

He dials Ragini's number for the nth time but she has not been answering his calls for long now..! With an utter frustration, he walks away from the hallway of the emergency to relax his bulging nerves for a while..

"Main tou phir bhi theek hoon Saanjh but for a fact I know that mera Sidharth andar se toot jayega if anything happens to her! He is very attached to her.."..Sudha says in a low weeping tone..

"Babaji Meher Kare! She will be okay..abhi aap thoda sa relax karo.."..Sana's keeps rubbing her back..

"Main theek hoon, just check on my Sidharth for once. I know that abhi woh mere sath bilkul baat nehi karega..! I just don't want him to take anything to his heart..!"

"Theek hai Ma'am, main dekhti hoon..you just relax for a while.."

After coming out of the emergency ward, Sana finds him standing near the prayer corner, gazing solely at Ganesh ji with a hope to get back his thammi. She approaches there to stand beside him..

"Bohot pyaar karte ho na aap Thammi se?"..she asks while folding her hands before Ganesh Ji.

He gazes at her intensely.."She has been the pillar of our family! We simply cannot function without her! Can't!"... He is on the verge of an emotional collapse..

Sana experiences a sharp ache as she gets to see him falling weak! And to his utter surprise, she eventually holds onto his arm with an unwavering support, without having any fear of judgements!

Sidharth immediately looks down at her face to check if she is really allowing herself to do this! But she doesn't pay any attention to his reaction and continues to hold onto his arms tightly..."You are stronger than this Sir, achha socho, dekhna sab achha hi hoga!"..she gives out a healing smile..

He feels a light of hope on her smile but his eyes well up at the same time, although he tries not to make it evident..!

"Tum ghar nehi jaogi?"..,he asks..

"Kaise ja sakti hoon main?! I can't leave you guys like this here na..! Moreover, Ma'am has always been there for me Sir! Always!"..Sana affirms..

"Thammi likes you as well!"..his eyes well up evidently now and he tries to hide them but fails miserably!

Meanwhile a nurse comes out of the emergency ward..

"Mr. Sidharth?"..she calls..

He holds Sana's hand into a tight grip..!

"Haan?"..he replies with a racing heart..!

"Sidharth ji, we are sorry! We couldn't save her!"

He tightens his grip around her wrist again and only trembles in his fixed position!!

"We need to go and see Ma'am..sir?!"..she shakes him..

He doesn't reply and remains stoned!

"Sir..!! Can you hear me?! We need to go and see your mother! Please react!"..she repeats, holding his arms from either sides..

He revives himself but hyperventilates terribly and rushes back to his Mom who is shattered to hear this news..!

"Mom!"..he quickly approaches her to gather her into a hug..

"Sid--harth!! What has just happened?! Aisa tou nehi socha tha humne?! She was fine!! She was fine!!"..she almost howls being in his arms..

His tears have no bounds either..

Sana walks upto them as well and holds her Ma'am from the other side..
"Calm down Ma'am..let's pray for her departed soul! Hayee Babaji, yeh nehi karna tha!"..Sana's heart breaks remembering the times she has spent with Thammi..! 💔

"Mom!! Please sambhaliye aap ne aap ko or else I will break like never before!!"

"Ab tou dekhne do mujheee meri Ma ko!! Ab koi nehi raha mera!! Sab chale gaye!! Sab!!"..Sudha starts screaming loudly on top of her voice!

Sidharth holds her face tightly in between his hands.."Look at me Mom! Look at me!!"

"Main hoon na? Hoon na aapke paas?!"..he takes her into his embrace and they share their grief, trying to diffuse it but failing miserably!!

****************

It hurts..💔