Chapter 17

The Gupta family made sure to have a less hyped and a more modest wedding in light of their recent loss. They began the ceremony at a Gurdwara as per the wishes of Sana's family, and later followed their own rituals to accomplish their cultural values.

Sudha has been emotional throughout the ceremony, remembering her late mother and deeply missing her presence. She couldn't help but feel the depth of her mother's love for Sidharth and how much she wanted to be a part of his big day!

Sana makes the most anticipated entry to Gupta house with high respect and stature! Sidharth's Mami, Damini, has helped Sudha to carry out the ritual activities and introduces Sana to all their relatives and family.

On the contrary, Sidharth is maintaining a low profile and doesn't seem interested in participating in any of these rituals or engaging in lengthy conversations with relatives..

"Main ja raha hoon andar..I think they will bring you there in a while.. so be comfortable.."..he almost whispers while sitting next to Sana..

"Hmm.."..she hums to respond..

"Arehh wahh! Abhi se khusar phusar chalu?! Ruk jao! Thoda tou sabar karlo! Picture abhi baki hai!".. Sidharth's cousins start teasing..

"I guess it's time to end the picture then.. everyone is tired, including Sana.."...says Sidharth, quite sternly after taking a deep breath..

His cousins become instantly aware of his annoyed mood and act accordingly..

Sidharth walks inside his room without stretching this conversation any longer..

**************

Sana steps inside after almost an hour. His cousins drop her to his room and leave immediately, considering his stiff mood which is no state to take even a healthy joke..

She walks through the room to reach the mirror and tries getting rid of the heavy dupatta of her lehenga..

Sidharth, on the other side is busy scrolling down his mobile and hardly pays any attention to his newly wed bride..

Sana surely doesn't like the vibe he has been giving since evening..
"Uthiye.."..she speaks up..

Sidharth looks up at her..
"Mujhse baat kar rahi ho?"

"Idhar aur koi hai kya?"..she asks sarcastically..

"Kya hua?"..he tries to come to the point..

"Idhar aiye, help kar dijiye zara..yeh jora bohot heavy hai"

"Main?!"..he asks again in wonder..

"Haan aap Sidharth!"..she states obviously..

Sidharth walks up to her, she turns around again to face the mirror and this lifts up her mood like magic in less than a second..!

"Take off the safety pins from the dupatta please.."..she requests, smiling mischievously..

Sidharth feels awkward to come in contact with her plunging backline but somehow manages to distract himself and take off the pins..
"Lo ho gaya.."

"Thank you..ab lag rahe the ekdum pati material!"..She smirks looking at him on the mirror..

He looks at her face on the mirror as well and nods his head.."Tum thakti nehi ho na?"

"Kis baat se?!"

"You are one drama queen!"

"Kyun paka rahi hoon main aapko?"

"Do I need to answer that?"..he asks sarcastically..

"Good! Aur pakaungi! License mil gayi hai ab mujhe tou!"..she giggles..

"Pagal!"..he walks away smirking..

************

Same night, almost at 3 am..
Sidharth is wide awake, still sitting on the couch, smoking and scrolling down his mobile at the same time..

"Sidharth?"

"Hmm?"..he replies inattentively..

"So jaiye abhi..main kha nehi jaungi aapko!"..Sana is hating this distance already!

Sidharth can't help but leave a sigh on that statement.."Tum so jao..I am not sleepy yet.."

She leaves a long exhale and gets off their bed and approaches him..

"Laiye..mujhe bhi ek dijiye!"..she extends her hand..

"What?!"..he looks at her in disbelief!

"Aise kya dekh rahe ho aap?! Mujhe bhi chahiye cigarette! Main nehi kar sakti kya smoke?!"..she asks..

"Sana, shut up aur jao jake chup chap so jao!"..he replies sternly..

"Nehi jana mujhe..! This was supposed to be my special night! You have ruined it for both of us! Ab mujhe bhi kuch karna hai to get over this!"..she almost has tears in her eyes..

Sidharth quickly grabs the intensity and tries to tone down a little now..
"Look, jis halat mein yeh shadi huyi hai, I know it's difficult for you to absorb this reality! But till then, let's not make it more difficult for each other!"

"I had my full consent in this wedding aur main khush ho is shadi se Sidharth! How many more times do I need to say this?!"..Sana says quite frustratingly..

"Lekin mujhe time chahiye Sana! I have had too much for the past couple of days and you need to try and understand this!"

"I am not asking you to accept this overnight but atleast you can also try and understand the emotions behind! Your body language and attitude are unacceptable!"..she strongly retaliates..!

"Dheere bolo!! The entire house is full of guests!"

"You started first aur ek baat yaad rakhna, main koi bichari nehi hoon jo kone mein baith k roti rahungi! I know how to fight for my rights!"..she turns around to go back to the bed again..

Sidharth storms out of the room to the balcony and starts smoking there again to diffuse the stress he feels he has been through..!

***********

Next Morning..

"Sidharth?".. Sudha tries to wake him up..

"Hmmm?"..he replies groggily, having both his eyes closed..

"Uth Beta..everyone has gathered around the breakfast table..!"

"Mom call her as well.."..he means Sana..

"Kaun Sana? Woh tou subah se kitchen mein hai! She has been working very diligently since morning to make breakfast for everyone!"

In an instant, he widens his eyes and shifts his gaze to the left to reassure his mother's words and as stated, she isn't here..

"Kya hua?"..Sudha finds him a little disturbed..

"Nothing Mom..aap jaiye, I am joining you guys in a while.."

"Alright..fast.. everyone is starving.."

"Hmm.."..he hums..

*****************

Around the breakfast table..

"Waise Sana, khana badiya banaleti ho tum! Humara Sidharth lucky hai is mamle mein.."..says Damnini, his Mami..

"Thank you Damini Mami.."..she smiles subtly..

"Sidharth Bhaiya, aap bataiye, hows the food?"..asks one of his cousins..

"Hmm it's good..! In fact great!"...he compliments turning back to Sana..

Sana hardly reacts! It seems she is still hurt from last night's conversation..

**************

Hey everyone! Sorry about the long wait! I sprained my leg and had to stay in bed for a whole week. I'm really sorry for being so late, but now I'm back and ready to go. Enjoy the reading! ❤️