Chapter 8

Next day..
At office..

Sana arrives early for a change. As she begins to resume her work, she receives a call from Rohit, whom she had dated a few months ago, but their relationship ended due to his irreversible addiction on substances..

"Kyun phone kar raha hai mujhe bar bar?! Do you want me to complain to your family?"..she receives as she decides to give him a warning..

"I am sorry Saanjh! Maine sab kuch chhor diya hai! Aage se touch tak nehi karunga! I promise! Please maan ja na!"..Rohit requests..

"Rohit, I said this several times..phirse bata rahi hoon..I never felt a connection with you! So just stay out of my life! I hold no grudge, no feelings, nothing for you!! I have moved on..! Last time k leye bol rahi hoon, samajh ja warna achha nehi hoga tere liye!"

Sidharth enters the office and finds her seriously engrossed in a conversation on the other side of a glass wall. He tries to figure out what's going on by looking at her expression, but she eventually turns around and faces the other direction..

He then walks into his cabin and asks Mayuri to send Sana in after she finishes her call..

***********

After a while..

Much to his surprise, he finds himself growing a bit impatient! He is waiting for her, constantly keeping an eye on the CCTV footage to see if she is getting closer to his cabin..

She finally knocks and rather than asking her to come in, he goes himself to open the door for her..

Sana gets shocked to see this demeanour of his..

"Sit.."..he pulls out a chair for her and this makes her more confused..

He goes to the other side of the table to sit on his chair..

She looks evidently disturbed..

"Are you okay Sana?"

"Haan kyun?"..she asks..

"Are you sure?"

"Haan ji..Sir woh Mr. Roy ne call kiya tha..woh janna cha rahe the ki..."

She tries changing the topic but before she could complete her sentence, he asks..
"Tum abhi Roy se baat kar rahi thi?"..he frowns at her..

She looks at him being a little perplexed..

"Nehi woh mera personal call tha.."

"Ok.."..he sighs and draws his line there..

"Batao kya batarahi thi.."

"Sir, Mr. Roy wants to know about your availability for next week.."

"Next two weeks will be difficult Sana..actually mujhe pehle bata dena chahiye tha.."

"I know that you are getting married Sir.."..she intervenes and says it herself..

"Mom ne bataya?"..he asks..

"Hmm.."

He feels an unusual silence in her eyes..

"Sana why do you look so disturbed? Who was that on the phone, only if you wish to share.."

"No Sir..I don't wish to share.. personal call tha, let it be like that.."

Sidharth takes aback on that reply..!

"Okay..I am sorry! I shouldn't have asked.."

"It's okay..main jaun?"..she seeks permission to leave..

"Hmm..please"..

She steps out of his cabin eventually..

*************