Chapter 23

Almost late evening..
Meena comes pushing in the food trolley..

"It's okay Meena, baki main kar lunga..aap jaiye.."..says Sidharth

He pushes it further to place it next to their bed and picks up a plate to take food from the spread..

"Yaad hai when Thammi passed away, mera bilkul maan nehi karta tha but you had been after my life to not let myself starve..!"...he smiles subtly, taking a little veg and rice, mixes them well and holds a spoonful before her..

She looks at him in a daze..

"I have never fed anyone before but there is always a first time...Tou start kare life yahan se?"..he tries handling this tenderly, taking the spoon a little more close to her mouth..

His softness melts her eventually and she honours his attempt, thus, takes the food into her mouth but breathes heavily at the same time to fight the storm going within her..

He lays his left hand over her cheek.."Let it go Sana! Trust me, I can't see you like this! Tum nehi janti what position you have started to hold in our lives!  Jab koi nehi tha, tab sirf tum thi! You have shared my part in grief and nothing can be as pure!"..his eyes well up as he speaks and it shows evidently how much he means it!

Her entire system is only calling for the warmth of his embrace and she rushes into his arms without letting him speak any further..."I only need you and the whole of you! That sex had my consent and it meant everything to me!!"

He keeps the plate at a side and wraps his arms around her waist to reciprocate to her hug.."I know and I am sorry for acting stupid! I should have acknowledged the emotions behind! I am sorry sweetheart.."..he tightens his grip around her..

Meanwhile his mobile vibrates..

"Ek second, call hai shayed koi.."..he frees himself to receive a video call from Vedika..

"Hey Siddy!"..Vedika exclaims as soon as he turns on the camera..

"Uncleeee!".. Vedika's little one also speaks up..

"Hey buddy! What's up?".. Sidharth is amazing with kids..

"Sana this is Vedika, my best friend and Vedi meet Sana.."..he moves to the other side to sit beside her so that Vedika can view both..

"Hey Sana! Bohot suna hai tumhare bare mein!"..Vedika greets with a smile..

"Hi.."..her voice is still not stable..

"Kya baat hai? Phirse rulaya isne tumhe?"

"Nehi..main theek hoon..aap ka beta bohot pyaara hai.."..Sana tries to be normal now..

"Thank you aur tum bhi bohot pyaari ho..I have seen the wedding pictures! Bohot khubsurat lag rahi thi!"

Sana smiles subtly and Sidharth feels a sense of accomplishment after seeing her smile..

"Sid I called to let you know that tickets karwa liya hai humne. Ashish, main aur Ayush arahe hai next week.."

"What seriously?!".. Sidharth didn't know about this plan before..

"Haan..I didn't tell you earlier because I wasn't sure but according to Ashish, Ayush will be in school next year, so we might not get enough time to plan this again...isliye abhi arahe hai.."

"Great! Sun, ek call Mom ko bhi karlena..she will be happy!".. suggests Sidharth.

"Ofcourse! Anyway have your time, baad mein baat karte hai..and Sana it was lovely talking to you! Good luck and Sidharth will be an amazing partner, I am sure!"