Chapter 47

She calls..

"Haan baby? Sorry I was in the meeting.."..he receives..

"What the hell is this Sidharth?! Kab se call kar rahi hoon main?!"..she sounds anxious..!

"Arehh baba meeting mein tha aur ab uthaliya na..? Batao na, any update?"

"You were upset kyunki I was travelling far away from you aur abhi aap khud mujhe avoid kar rahe ho! 3 ghante se call kar rahi hoon! Hadh hai yaar!!"..her voice shakes..

"Arehh baba, sach mein busy tha! Tumhe tou pata hai, I stayed back for this meeting only! It was important na baby..?!"

"Nothing should be more important than me in your life!"..she states boldly..

He smirks, finding her adorable..
"Ofcourse not! Nothing can be more important than you my love, lekin tu itni bhadak kyun rahi hai?!.."

"Yaar yeh bakwas karna choro, phone nehi utha rahe the, then how do you expect me to behave?!"

"Okayy! Calm down! Kaha na sorry..! Chalo yeh batao, meeting start ho gayi?"..he tries changing the conversation..

"Haan.."..she replies in a cold manner..

"How did it go?"

"Theek tha.."

"Sana..! Now come'on..mood sahi karo apna, I need to know this properly..chalo batao, how did the meeting go?"

She does understand the significance of this meeting, hence gives in.."Haan it went well, infact they praised Rajeev's idea a lot. He was actually amazing in the meeting.."

"Achha?!".. though he is happy to know that the meeting went well but her praising him is something he didn't like..

"Sidharth..?"..she finds him lost for a while..

"Haan?"

"Kaha kho gaye?"

"Idhar hi hoon, where is Mom?"

"She is still inside, speaking to BODs.."

"Alright..tum logo ne lunch karliya hai na?"..he asks..

"Hmm..they have served good lunch..aur aapne?"

"Will do it now.. got a little late for the meeting.."

"Chalo theek hai phir aap lunch karo, main hotel pahaunch k call karti hoon.."

"Ok Bubba, take care.."..he states adorably..

"Love you and I miss you!"..she replies..

"I know..chalo jao apna kaam khatam karo..we will talk in few hours again.."..he  suggests..

"Ok byee.."..she hangs up accordingly..

****************

Next day, at Sidharth's office..

"Sir..?!"...Mayuri calls him urgently..

He can sense tense in her tone..
"Kya baat hai Mayuri? Is everything okay?"

"Umm..Sir, woh Ragini Ma'am is here, I just received a call from the reception to let you know.."

He takes aback!! However, he realises that it's his office and he needs to keep his calm..!

"Ok.. send her inside.."

"Sure Sir.."

Mayuri calls the reception to send her to Sidharth's cabin..

************

Same day, later afternoon in Singapore..

"Mom, I think humein Sidharth ko inform karna chahiye.."..Sana suggests..

"Nehi beta..I am fine..khamakha pareshan ho jayega..so don't.."

"Ajeeb musibat hai! Abhi meeting mein bhi jana hai, idhar aap ki tabiyaat bhi theek nehi hai..how am I going to manage?!"

"Sana! Tum aur Rajeev ho na? Waise bhi maine Rajeev ko, as one of the senior managers of our company, authorise kardiya hai to sign the deal. So there are no complications now! Just go with the flow and get this deal done at any cost!

"Wah! Kab kiya aapne itna kuch.. isiliye you took out your laptop from the bag while I was going for shower?"..Sana wonders..

"Jih..Abhi go and get ready or else you will get late..!"..says Sudha urgently..

"Yaar sare siyappe aaj hi hona tha?! Ab kya karun main?!"..Sana struggles to decide..

Sudha Mom chuckles and says.."beta don't take so much stress, just go and get your job done. I will be fine, I just need to rest for a while!"..Mom states convincingly..

****************

On the other side, at Sidharth's office in India..

Ragini steps inside, carrying an unfamiliar look. Her head is covered with a scarf and she looks extremely fragile! Sidharth immediately closes the blinds of his cabin to prevent any speculative discussions among his employees..

"Are you serious?! Why did you come to my office directly?"..he inquires anxiously..!

"Calm down Sidharth! I am not here to create any mess.."..for a change, she seems subtle..

Sidharth sighs and gestures for her to take a seat..

"Batao.."..he asks nonchalantly..

"Sidharth..muh se bolungi tou shayed tumhe biswas na ho, isliye I brought all my papers.."..she passes him some medical reports..

"Kya hai yeh?"..he frowns at her curiously..

She pauses and reveals..
"I have been diagnosed with cervical cancer. Advance stage hai.."

Sidharth feels a jolt hearing this!! He becomes speechless for a while..

"Main yahan tumhe pareshan karne ya phir koi sympathy gain karne nehi aayi hoon. I am here to apologise for the intentions I had. Sidharth, I have held severe grudges against you and Sana and I wanted to finish you both to the core! 6 months back, when we had our last conversation regarding those text messages and pictures, I was already having some complications. Mom and Dad had forced me to go for a test as prescribed by the doctor and there I was diagnosed with cervical cancer. Now that I am nearing the last stage, I needed to come to India and apologise to you and Sana personally..! I am sorry Sidharth, agar ho sake tou mujhe maat kardena!"..she pleads, folding her hands before him and breaking into tears..!

Sidharth's eyes almost well up, he passes her a glass of water..
"Stop crying..it's all okay..! Did you come alone?"

"Nehi..Mumma is here.. Sidharth I really need to apologise to Sana. I was adamant to make her life hell! She is younger but wiser! She never reacted!"..she starts crying inevitably..

"Ragini! Please relax! Ho gaya na..humne maaf kardiya tumhe! Please, abhi maat roh aise..! I will come and see you, where are you staying?"

"Masi's place.."..she replies in between her weeps..

He feels extremely bad for her..!! He surely doesn't know how to make her feel comfortable now!

"Kar paoge na mujhe maaf?"..she asks helplessly..

"Kardiya! Please don't cry!"..he comes and sits beside her..

"Sana kaha hai? I have seen her on your official social media posts. She has joined back here, right?"

"Hmm..but she isn't here..she is in Singapore with Mom and one of my colleagues..don't worry I will pass your message to her. We will come to see you together.."

"Are you sure she will?"..Ragini asks looking at him with a light of hope..

"Ofcourse she will..!"..he replies, smiling at her..

*******************

The story is going to take its last turn..will finish it in few days..till then enjoy! ❤️