Chapter 36

"Her pressure has gone down..did she take any food till now?"..asks a doctor who is a passenger in the same flight..

"I have no idea..!"..his voice trembles to reply..

"She didn't take the lunch as of now.."..says one of the cabin crews..

"No worries, my wife is hypoglycemic, so whenever we travel, I tend to carry the glucagon kit with me..I will bring it right away.." says the doctor..

"Thanks!..".. says Sidharth and turns back to sit beside her. The man who was sitting beside her has been shifted to Sidharth's seat. He drapes his arm around her, drawing her close, to reassure her that he is right there with her. Unfortunately, she is struggling to regain consciousness, while she still makes some feeble movements and tries to respond but her body has become too weak to do so effectively..

The doctor comes back with the kit and does the needful. They all wait anxiously for a while, and eventually, Sana shows some signs of improvement, becoming more responsive..

However, she remains unaware about the fact that he is cradling her in his arms with his utmost care and affection..

"Hello, Sana! I'm Doctor Rai, and we are on this flight together. You lost consciousness, and I'm here to help you. Can you recall if you have had anything to eat since this morning?" ..... the doctor inquires gently.

"I...vomited in the...morning," she struggles to speak..!

"Don't worry, it's alright. You have received an injection, but it is important that you eat something orally," he advises..

"Hmm..thank you.."..she replies weakly..

"No worries..."..the doctor taps on her hand and smiles back to her..

"Thank you, doctor, I can't be more thankful!"..Sidharth conveys his immense gratitude to the doctor and as soon as he speaks, she gazes up to identify the person holding her in this manner! She feels an unusual wave of emotions but, surprisingly, remains unresponsive, finding solace in his embrace. While Sidharth attempts to put her at ease, he can't help but feel a little confused seeing her lack of reaction..!

"Ma'am do you wish to have the lunch now?"..asks the cabin crew..

"No! I don't feel like!"..she replies..

"Please bring it..".. Sidharth interrupts..

Sana shifts herself to her seat..."Sidharth I will throw up again.."

"Main lunch bheja tha while we were in the hotel..why didn't you eat?"..he asks gently..

"Kuch khane ka maan nehi kar raha tha.."..she replies being all down and weak..

"Abhi kuch khalo...you will be fine..main hoon idhar..don't worry"..he holds her hand into a tight grip..

She sits straight, having her hand held into his and closes her eyes to let herself relax..

*************

They arrive home..

Sudha Mom gets a jolt seeing them back in just 2 days! She walks upto them hurriedly to see if everything is okay..

"What happened? Tum log tou parso aane wale the na?"

"Woh Mom I became very sick aur mujhe bilkul achha nehi lag raha tha, tou maine zid ki wapas aane k leye.."..Sana makes it up to her..

"What?! Hua kya hai?! Sidharth?!"..she looks worriedly and cluelessly at him..

"Mom she will be fine..I will manage..aap please pareshan maat ho abhi..!"..replies Sidharth much convincingly..