Chapter 29

2 days later..

The entire Gupta family is invited for Sidharth's cousin's baby shower. While Sidharth is still down with weakness from a two-day fever, he senses Sana's eagerness to join this program. So he decides to take her there..

Same day, 11:30 am..

He has been working from home for the last two days and now doing the same when she steps inside the room..

"Sidharthhhh.."..she moves forward to sit on the couch beside him..

"Hmmm?"..he replies instantly..

"Ab baas bhi karo aap! Hadh hai yaar! Insaan bimaar bhi nehi ho sakta hai kya?!"

It takes a few seconds for him to be in awe of her constant blabber! The next moment, he shuts the screen of his laptop and slowly turns to her side with a smirk on his face..
"Chalo I have turned it off..aur kya karna parega batao? Banda hazir hai for you Madam!"

She giggles and says..
"Hayee Rabba! Waise tou main chahti hoon that you give all your attention to me only lekin ab mujhe sharam arahi hai!"

This makes him chuckle as he gently moves her hair behind her left ear..
"You really want to go to Esha's Baby shower.. Don't you?"

"Haan!! Bohot maan tha! Lekin it's fine, aap aur Mom, you both are unwell. We will go and see her some other time.."..She replies spontaneously..

He leaves a sigh and says..
"Hum jayenge...I will just go and take a warm bath and then I will take you there.."

"Lekin aap ko tou abhi bhi bukhar hai!"

"I am much better! Don't worry!"..he taps on her hair lovingly..

Her eyes dazzle in excitement!
"Aap ko pata hai, I love the concept of Baby Showers! Moreover, it is overwhelming to see a mother getting so much love, attention, care and blessings!"

"Achha? Aur kya kya pasand hai aapko?!"..he plays along to linger the conversation..

She turns her face to him with a subtle smile and points one of her fingers towards his chest..
"Yeh jo aap ka Dil hai na, it's a very kind heart. Mujhe yeh bohot zyada pasand hai aur yeh mujhe chahiye for life time!"

He finds her extremely brave for being so transparent about her confessions! Hence, he respects her input into this relationship ..
"Waise tou it's officially yours, bohot jaldi shayed sirf aap k liye dhadak na bhi start karde! You never know!"

"Mujhe phirse sharam arahi hai! Aap jao jake nahalo!"..she gets up and makes her way out of their room when he speaks up from behind..

"Get ready, I will take you there..!"

************

2 hours later..

At Esha's (Sidharth's cousin) Baby Shower..

Sidharth is sitting around his cousins and brother in law while Sana is diligently putting mehendi on Esha's hand. Although he is busy discussing something with his brother in law, his eyes are fixed on his girl from distance..

"How is it going Sid?"...asks Mohit, Esha's husband..

"Going as in?"..he asks..

"As in with Sana ofcourse..!"

"Oh! Great! She is a gem! Bohot masum hai, bohot pyaari and extremely pure! Pata hai Mohit, I feel like protecting her from all evil eyes now!"..he replies while looking at her in a daze..

"I am so happy for you brother! You badly needed a companion like her! Ragini was a mess! I am so glad she is out of your life! Everything happens for a reason you see!"..Mohit affirms..

"You are right! But I don't want to rush this either! I want myself to be the person Sana deserves!".. Sidharth states..

"Certainly..! Take your time..it's important to invest when you are sure about your feeling!"..suggests Mohit..

"Hmm.."

"Bhaiya idhar aiye na!"...Esha calls Sidharth..

Sidharth walks up to them..
"Haan ji? Idhar baith jaun?"..he points towards a place next to his wife..

"Sure!"..Esha giggles..

Sana feels too shy and deliberately doesn't look at his side, rather continues doing her work..

"Bhaiya ab meri bari hai! I want to be a bua as well!"..says Esha quite evidently..

"Ban jayegi, koi rocket science thodi hai!".. Sidharth being Sidharth, cracks a joke in his way..

"Areh tou banado! Why is it taking so much time?!"

"Esha! Don't move your hand!"..Sana tries cutting the conversation..

"Main shayed budda ho raha hoon with every passing year lekin meri biwi abhi bhi young hai, so just giving her some time to enjoy and explore!"..he manages to keep it simple and safe!

***************

Late evening, when they are on their way back home..

"You managed it well! Good job!"..says Sana while looking at him with a contented heart!

He smiles back..
"But baby there was nothing to manage. I only stated facts!"

"Wahi tou bol rahi hoon! I love it when state facts and own up to this!"...she smiles whole heartedly..

He holds the brake before a chai bar and parks his car to a safe side for a while..

"Tea?"..he asks..

"Hmm..with extra sugar!"..she replies..

He chuckles and inclines a little towards her window shade to call a man from the store..
"Bhaiya 2 cup chai..ek mein chini zyada dalna.."

He closes the shade, goes back to his position to pull her to his side..

She buries her face on his chest while he kisses on her head and says..
"And I feel wholesome when I see you this happy! Trust me I can do anything to see you smile! Ek alag hi sukoon hai!"

***********

I am missing Sidharth now!  💛