Chapter 9: Shadows of the Heart

Megatron found his son, Orion Eclipse, sitting on the edge of his recharge berth, staring blankly ahead. His optics were dim with dark circles under them and with dried tears. Orion looked like he hadn't recharged and slept in several hours. Megatron's spark constricted with worry. He knew his son had been through a lot since his death at the hands of Metroplex, and he couldn't bear to see him suffer anymore.

"Orion," Megatron said softly as he approached his son. "Son, are you okay?" Orion looked up at his father, and Megatron was taken aback by the sadness in his son's optics. He had never seen Orion look so defeated before. "I'm fine," Orion said, but his voice was barely above a whisper. Megatron knew better than to believe his son's words. He could see the pain etched on Orion's face, and he knew something was wrong. "Let me take a look at you," Megatron said as he reached out and placed a hand on his son's shoulder.

Orion tensed under his father's touch, but he didn't pull away. Megatron examined his son's physical state and found that there was no apparent damage. However, Knock Out's scans revealed a different story when Megatron took Orion Eclipse to the med bay immediately. "His energy levels are critically low, and he's been staying up all night," Knock Out said, his voice laced with concern. "He needs rest and medical attention immediately." Megatron's spark sank at the news. He had to take care of his son, no matter what it took.

"Orion Eclipse, you need to go to bed right now," Megatron said firmly, trying to keep the worry out of his voice. "I'll find a licensed therapist to help you with your trauma and suffering, and we'll get you the help you need." Orion's optics flickered with surprise at his father's words.

Megatron had always been hard on his son, pushing him to become the Decepticon warrior prince he was meant to be, but he had never shown this much concern before. "Thank you, father," Orion said quietly. Megatron could see the sadness in his son's optics, and it broke his spark to see Orion Eclipse like this. He wanted to comfort his son, but he didn't know how.

"Orion, I love you," Megatron said, hoping his words would bring his son some comfort. "And I promise you, we will avenge your mother's death. The Autobots will pay for what they have done." But instead of feeling encouraged, Orion Eclipse looked even more sad than happy at his father's words. Megatron was confused by his son's change of character. Orion Eclipse had always been so eager and determined to destroy the Autobots and to avenge his mother's death in the past, but now he seemed to be totally against it. Megatron felt a wave of concern wash over him. He didn't know what to do to help his son. He needed someone who knew how to deal with PTSD. Megatron soon contacted Vindicator, a Decepticon therapist, psychologist, psychiatrist, scientist, medic, doctor, and chemist, and the warlord begged him to come over soon to help cure Orion Eclipse of whatever he was suffering from.

Meanwhile, Knock Out asked Orion Eclipse why exactly he had stayed up all night, and why he looked so sorrowful and heartbroken. Orion Eclipse revealed a half-truth that he had reunited with Altair Comet at Iacon while he was missing after Starscream attempted to extinguish his spark and she had run away after saying goodbye. Megatron knew there was more to the story, but he didn't press his son for answers. He just wanted Orion to get the help he needed to overcome his PTSD and find peace.
_________________________________________

Meanwhile, at Vos...

The sun cast long shadows over the metallic cityscape as Starscream soared through the crimson sky. He had urgent news to deliver to Megatron, news that could potentially alter the future of the Decepticon cause. The treacherous seeker's thoughts were consumed by his son's forbidden love affair with Altair Comet, a liaison that threatened to undermine their dominance. Starscream knew he had to act swiftly, for the consequences could be dire.

As Starscream sped towards the outskirts of Vos, a sudden disturbance in the air caught his attention. Before he could react, a sleek Decepticon truck burst through the sky, leaping into the air with astonishing agility. The truck transformed mid-air, revealing the formidable figure of Astraea. Her crimson optics narrowed as she locked onto her target, Starscream. Astraea, with her deep blue and teal armor gleaming in the sunlight, maneuvered expertly through the air, aiming directly for Starscream. In a flash of transformation, she slammed into him, causing the two Decepticons to spiral downwards, leaving a trail of twisted metal in their wake. Crashing onto the debris-laden ground, Starscream groaned, dazed by the impact. He attempted to rise, only to find himself immobilized by stasis cuffs tightly securing his wrists.