Chapter 23: Pranksters

The dimly lit chambers of the Decepticon Academy reverberated with the metallic symphony of clashing blades and Energon-powered strikes. Orion Eclipse, the promising young mech with a lineage steeped in the shadow of Megatron, engaged in intense combat training alongside Dreadwing, a seasoned Decepticon known for swordsmanship and his loyalty to Megatron.

Sweat trickled down Orion's face as he executed precise moves, his optics focused and determination etched across his features. Meanwhile, his childhood friend, Wildbreak, took a respite, leaning against a wall, optics scanning the room filled with Decepticon students diligently honing their skills.

As the training session concluded, Orion Eclipse and Wildbreak found themselves stepping into the cool, artificial atmosphere outside the academy. The glow of Energon lamps cast an eerie radiance over the courtyard as the two childhood companions strolled together.

"Phew! I've been training hard at the Decepticon Academy," Orion Eclipse remarked, his voice tinged with a mix of exhaustion and satisfaction.

Wildbreak, his orange and white frame standing in stark contrast to Orion's dark armor, smiled in agreement. "So have I. Hey, Orion?"

Orion turned to face his friend, the glow of his optics softening. "Yes?"

A thoughtful pause hung in the air before Wildbreak spoke, his voice carrying a sense of nostalgia. "Do you remember back when we were kids at school? When I was being picked on by some bullies, and you defended me?"

A smirk crossed Orion Eclipse's face as he reminisced about the past. "Of course, I remember that day. I couldn't just sit back and watch the bullies pick on you."

(Flashback)

A few years ago, Orion Eclipse was 7 years old and Wildbreak was 5 years old when they were at school in Kaon. Orion was working on some math when he saw Wildbreak being picked on by the bullies, Hammerstrike and Rustbite, as well as a few other bullies.

"Look who we have here, the little coward!" jeered Rustbite, a silver and blue young mech with a superiority complex.

The other bullies chimed in with mocking laughter, taunting Wildbreak for his lack of skill. Orion Eclipse noticed the commotion and scowled. He couldn't stand by and watch his best friend be humiliated.

"Leave him alone, you jerks!" Orion Eclipse growled, his optics narrowing with intensity.

Hammerstrike and his gang of bullies turned their attention to the young Decepticon who dared to challenge them. "What's it to you, Orion Eclipse? You think you can protect this little loser?"

Orion Eclipse clenched his fists, the energy coursing through his circuits. "I won't let you pick on him. Get lost before you regret it."

The bullies hesitated, glancing at each other nervously. They might have been young, but they knew the name Megatron carried weight, even if it was the son they were facing.

"Come on, guys. It's not worth it," Hammerstrike muttered, his bravado faltering.

With a final, disdainful look, Hammerstrike and his lackeys slinked away, leaving Wildbreak standing there, a mix of relief and gratitude in his optics.

"Thanks, Orion. You didn't have to do that," Wildbreak said, his voice filled with genuine appreciation.

Orion Eclipse smirked, giving Wildbreak a playful punch on the shoulder. "Of course I did. You're my best friend. No one messes with us."

(Flashback ends)

Under the luminous glow of the Decepticon emblem embedded in the academy walls, Orion Eclipse and Wildbreak continued their walk down the metallic corridors, their footsteps echoing in the quiet aftermath of training. The nostalgia of their shared history lingered in the air like a familiar scent.