Chapter3 When Have I Ever Done Something Remotely Sane Anyway?

[e d i t e d]

(Senior year)

____Ashley's POV____

With the final touch of a blood red shade on my lips, I was ready to go.

"You done yet Evie?" I asked, as I turned around in the direction of said Evie's bathroom. The pristine white door was as locked as ever. With a heavy sigh I walked towards the en suite and knocked on it. Obnoxiously.

I could picture her flinching behind the door and pacing on the clean white tiles.

"Is it really important for me to go?" She called out in a tired voice. Resisting the urge to just knock down the door and drag her out, I took a deep calm breath in.

"Eve. I wouldn't force you into anything," Ha. Liar. "But I'm really worried about you after what's been happening practically the whole summer. It's the last party of the holidays before school starts on Monday. I really want you to come with me." I said the last part with utmost sincerity hoping to convince her.

But wasn't I doing the same thing since two hours without reaching to a change of decision from my stubborn best friend?

"But if it's really that big a deal... then you can stay here." With deflated hopes, I gathered my belongings — a clutch and my phone — and began walking out of her room.

Just then the bathroom door creaked open. "Ashley?"

I turned around, not really expecting her to come along. After all it had been two very long years and I still wasn't able to convince Everly Spencer to accompany me at a mere high school party.

"I'm ready to go."

I grinned, quickly covering the distance and wrapping my arms around her.

It was about time she left her sh*t behind.

________

I couldn't wipe the goofy grin off my face as I maneuvered Everly's latest Audi through the streets.

Well, my friend here was loaded.

We'd known each other since my 10th grade disaster. The time when all my friends left me, nobody cared for me or so much as bothered to speak to me, she was the only one who actually cared. Apparently you lose your quarterback boyfriend and drop out of the cheerleading team along with being in depression and the world abandons you no matter how harsh life has been on you.

From the day a shy possible future valedictorian found me crying and fuming in the girls' bathroom till today when the said girl became the second most important person in my life, it's practically been a 180 degrees journey.

The s*xy engine of her car came to a smooth halt in front of the traffic light which just turned red.
Everly hated it when I broke traffic rules.

"So.. You nervous?" I tried to make conversation.

Because if I didn't know any better she was probably going to pee in her pants any instant.

"You think?" She gave me a duh look.

The light turned green as I hit the gas and flew down the road.

"Slow down! Don't kill me before I actually have the so called amazing high school experience of going to a party and getting myself molested!"

Being used to her paranoid talks I could make out her frenzy sentence as I laughed. "You aren't going to get molested Everly." I shook my head.

Throughout the rest of the ride I tired to keep her calm as we chatted off into oblivion.