Chapter24 The Day Jacob Learnt To Flirt Would Be The Day I'd Become A Nun

Chapter24 The Day Jacob Evans Learnt To Flirt Would Be The Day I'd Become A Nun

___Jacob's POV___

Sometimes I really thought that moving back in town had made me lose my mind.

Well, I'll tell you guys how I came to that conclusion.

Yesterday when I agreed to go to a party with Kyler — very suicidal I know — he told me it was 'Friday night'. I literally smacked myself upside the head when I remembered that my audition for the school band was on a Thursday, which had been yesterday ... this only made today a Friday.

Which only meant that my first senior party was..  tonight.

Jeez who thought an airhead jock like my best friend could be smart enough to take advantage of my spaced out brain these days. If I'd known that the alcohol consuming,  dirty dancing and losing sanity event was just a day away, I wouldn't have possibly agreed to it.

Maybe I was over thinking about this.. and maybe,  just maybe this won't be like the idiotic stuff they show in movies and I might actually end up having some fun

Well, there was nothing I could do about it. Backing out from Kyler's plan could result in another rift between us and that was something I couldn't afford right now after everything he was going through at home with his parents and after our constant arguments over a certain blonde.

Speaking of a certain blonde, my eyes automatically scanned the cafeteria for a flash of her familiar, long, wavy hair. I spotted her at Everly's table. Apart from the usual crowd — Nick, Jasmine and Peter — the presence of a new face made my skin taut with tension. His hair were a shade of yellow darker than Kyler's and one of his ears had a diamond piercing. He was the surprising mid-term new admission. With what all the Performing students witnessed yesterday in the auditorium, rumor has it that he was an underground fighter with eleven juvie charges and a collection of uncountable STDs since he seemed to have a childhood bond with the bad girl.

Ladies and gentlemen, let me tell you one thing, the kids at Prestige High have wild — like,  really wild — imaginations.

"Yo Evans, are you going to eat that sandwich?" Shane asked me from across the table.

Yeah, nowadays I was sitting with varsity jacket clad men.

I looked over at Ashley's table. She threw her head back laughing at something that new guy said. He grinned in return, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

I think I just lost my appetite.

"Nah, you can have it, " I pushed my tray towards Ky's vice captain, who dug in instantly.

"Hey don't make us all throw up Shane!" someone snapped. "You're spraying food all over the table."

I stood up abruptly, grabbing my bagpack. "I need to go finish off... some work. I'll see you guys later."

With that, I walked out of the cafeteria, but not before I caught Ashley grabbing his hand and placing it on her cheek a rare smile dancing on her lips.

Well, she seemed to be awfully cheerful rather than her usual brooding and glaring self with this new guy around.

Something boiled in my chest as I quickened my pace and dashed out in the hallway.

If you smelled jealousy I won't blame you buddy.

___Everly's POV___

It was close to nine in the evening. I was googling references for my Chemistry project when my phone rang from somewhere beneath the heap of books. Fishing it out from the mountain of pages, my eyebrows furrowed at the unknown caller ID. I slid the green icon and pressed it to my ear.