Chapter16 When Badass Bonds With The Shirtless Goody It's Gambling With 6yr olds

Chapter16 When The Badass Bonds With The Shirtless Goody, It's Gambling With Six Year Olds.

____Ashley's POV____

I woke up to the ringtone of my phone.

~You say, that I'm messing with your head....

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah...

All cause- ~

"Whoever's on the line, just know that you woke me up from my very amazing sleep." I scolded through my raspy morning voice, rubbing the sleep off my eyes. "Good morning to you too." I heard an overly-cheerful voice chuckling from the other end. Well, that could only belong to one guy in this whole universe. "What's so good abbout this morning huh?" I yawned, stretching myself like a cat as I balanced the phone between my ear and the crook of my neck. "Do you have any plans for today?" he asked, completely ignoring my question. "Nuh-uh..not that I know of." I replied, scrunching my eyebrows, but couldn't think of something specific that I might have planned for this Sunday. Besides, I already broke up with my worthless excuse of a boyfriend so no more annoying dates. Yay, life. No sarcasm intended.

"Good. Then I'm coming over in an hour." Jacob said. "Wait. What? Why? Now? How?" I blurted out, not really knowing whether my questions made any sense. Well, the 'How?' made sense because his hand was still plastered up, all thanks to me and he couldn't drive. Hmm...maybe he'll use the bus. Not everyone has an allergy from travelling in a bus (not literally) like me.

"I think you forgot SWEETIE, that we have four projects to do for this semester, that too together. Unfortunately." his chuckle sounded very annoying to me. I scowled at no one in particular. He was doing a great job at pissing me off on a morning when I'm barely risen up. "Don't.You.Dare.Call.Me.That." I warned. Jacob seemed to find it pretty amusing because what did the s*cker do? well, he laughed what's new?

"Or what, SWEETIE?" he just signed his death certificate over there. I smirked even though he can't see me right now, "I swear you don't want to know WHAT I'm capable of." my threat was supposed to work on him even if it was incomplete, but that only makes it more fun right?

I could just imagine him gulping his fear but his next sentence sounded amused "Well, I'd love to see that." I remembered that day in the mall when I'd warned him but he still challenged me which led me to screaming 'Rape!!' on the top of my voice. Maybe he has short-term memory loss so I can remind him what kind of a calibre I hold.

"Your wish is my command sir." I replied. "But, I don't think we can work on the project over here, some of my stuff is still at my house. So lets do one thing, I'll take one of Everly's cars and after taking the things I might need for the project, I'll come by your place. What say?" even though I'm saying all this, I myself know that today, we won't be doing any of this assignment bullsh*t, I've already planned what I'm going to do and trust me Jacob is not gonna like it. "Oh, okay then. See you in two hours." he said. "See ya Mr.Goody." hanging up on him, I threw my phone aside on the bed (yep, careless much) I scanned my clothes which I had brought here with me and settled on a way simpler look for today. I grabbed a pair of short jean shorts and a black top which was off the shoulder from the right and had a thin strap on the left shoulder. I guess my black strapped wedges would look good with them.

______________

Left.

Right.

Coast clear of spy-neighbours?

Check!

I slowly and as noiselessly as I could, pulled Everly's car into my driveway. I tip-toed my way to the back door and slowly pushed the key into the key-hole, opening it up with a click. I would gladly throw stones at my house and break-in in a kick*ss way but unfortunately, mom would take my car away for another two months and I CANNOT afford that, I miss my car too much. Besides, my neighbours, the McAllisters are on the lookout for me and they'll grab any chance to send me to jail, that's been their family motto ever since I can remember. Weird. I know. But I'm the centre of everyone's lives. Hah, not my problem.