Chapter19 Standing Up For Each Other &....Yoda Talking?

Chapter19 Standing Up For Each Other &...Yoda Talking?

___Jacob's POV___

'You think you know your best friend, I'm sorry but I think you don't'

The words she said swimmed through my brain, making me uneasy. It was true, I was seeing Kyler after years, he had changed. He wasn't the skinny, mischevious little guy I called my best friend. He was far from that now. It made me wonder if I really know him. Because after what I've witnessed since I came back.....

He's nothing but a stranger to me.

Days have passed since that evening. I never mentioned it now, nor did I open my mouth when Ashley told me about Mason Johnson, Kyler's cousin. If I say I'm confused, that would be an understatement. I have no clue whatsoever about this whole stuff. The only thing I know is that I've lost my best friend but gained another friend who needs me.

That day, I let her yell at Ky and shove him across the pavement without a word because I knew back then, who's side I was on. She may act all strong but I know she's breaking. There's no need to dig into her past to know that she's not okay.

I just know.

I'm starting to get closer to her since that happening a week ago. We had fun at 'OUR HOME' and I'm glad my presence didn't haunt her when she argued with my drunken friend. I had hugged her out of reflex, I could never stand a girl crying in front of me anytime.

Although she's no ordinary, she's the most difficult and hypnotising person I've ever met. There's something with her which is so drawing and captivating. I just fail to get it. I wonder if we would still be friends after these two months are over. I want to.

Not just because she needs a friend right now or because I think she's a damsel in distress, no-no. I just feel like being with her. I enjoy the arguments we have, though she always wins and the times she'd smack me on the head or when she'd take back on her haters, it's just....good to have her as a friend. Because I've never had one like her.

The tall iron gates are really not welcoming as I enter in for yet another day of school. I've decided to walk my distance from and to the High School because it'll save dad's time (since I can't drive) and I can get some excercise which I haven't gotten in the past few weeks. Walking down the grass and the cemented path towards the school, I can't help but cringe at the looks I'm getting.

Guys look at me weirdly, mostly angry stares and don't let me get started on the girls. Seriously man, this school's crazy. Shaking my head to myself, I enter the building. I guess I'm early today, I could just laze around in the hallways I guess. Nick (Everly's friend) texted me this morning, saying that he needed to talk to me about something, maybe I could just search for him till I have to be in my class.

With my bag slung on my right shoulder, I walk past students, looking for Nick's blonde head. Walking down the hallway, I spotted a few familiar guys I'd seen Nick hang around with. "Hey, have you seen Nick anywhere around?" they turned to give me their full attention, a raven haired guy smirked at me. A few seconds and still no reply. They seemed like bad news so I just decided to walk away from there, neither of the jocks were interested in answering my question anyways.

Until the the raven haired dude caught me by my left arm, I winced in pain as he held my fractured hand in his grip. "Are you blind!" I yelled, pulling away from the maniac, could he not see the cast I had on?

"Peace out dude, I'm just trying to have a conversation here..." he smirked again, not at all hiding the known fact that he was trying to get to me. I clenched my jaw and looked him in the eye daring him to open his mouth. "So...I've heard about you and that...Ashley Howards. Quite the lucky one you are, huh newb? We've been trying to screw her for months here and you just...walked in," his smirk grew wider as he made his remark.