Combat rescue (1)

It was already dark outside. Raindrops started to fall here and there. Parks, gardens, and others were not spared from the splash. But that did not reduce the excitement of the event in the hall. That night was the most important event for all the Eagle Union maidens. I don't know what event it was, but it looks so crowded. At least that's what I saw. Although there was something else I saw and it was unintentional.

Yes, their outfits were mostly too sexy.

"Hey." Someone called me.

I turned towards the caller. My head immediately remembered who this figure was. "Hello, Cleveland. Long time no see." I greeted her. It was Cleveland.

''Haha, looks like you still remember me. Hello, Captain Fletcher.''

''How can i forget it? You are the first person who dared to jump into the burning ship. How ridiculuous. Luckily I pushed you overboard that time."

We laugh together.

Then, guided by Cleveland, I took the frontmost seat, and we sat down to wait for the program to begin. I looked around me. There were so many different kinds of shipgirls here. And they also seem to be friendly and open. Apparently, they were starting to accept us even though it wasn't official yet. I can see how they communicate with my mens. Although some, Eh no, many of them feel awkward when chatting with girls who seem to be much younger than us. But who knows, in our world they are already seventy or eighty years old.

Soon a woman with white hair and wearing an official US Navy uniform stepped onto the stage. Instantly, the applause became boisterous. Even so, her steps remained calm and authoritative. It was Miss Yorktown.

''Good evening everyone, tonight you have attended a very special event for all of us. I'm sure some of you already know why we are gathered here.''

''How could not? Wasn't it in the announcement?'' Mark joked beside me.

''Shhtt!!!'' Angie looked annoyed as she immediately told Mark to shut up. Mark frowned and Yorktown continued her speech on the podium.

''on this occasion, I as the leader of the Eagle Union would like to welcome our new brothers in arms. I hope you honor them as you honor your fellows. To the Captain Fletcher the representative of the USS Downes, please come forward to give a short speech."

Accompanied by the applause of my class sitting at the very end, I stepped forward and took the stage. Instantly, my heart was beating fast and furiously. My feelings were mixed. Cold sweat started pouring down my face and my body trembled slightly. I thought this was just a normal event, so I didn't prepare anything at all. I didn't even have anything to talk about. A feeling of nervousness immediately came over me as I stepped onto the stage steps. Some of the shipgirls could be seen chatting with their friends next to them, and some were casting mesmerized glances in my direction. I just felt strange.

Now I was standing on the podium. In front of my friends, and my new friends. All eyes were now fixed on me. Waiting for me to speak.

I tested the microphone, then began to greet. I took a long breath, and exhale it slowly. ''Good evening, my friends. My name is Fletcher McFarr. Or you can call me Fletcher. As Miss Yorktown said, me and the rest of my friends are are your new partner. I hope we can work together...''I managed to say my opening line.

''This is a priceless opportunity for us. To meet heroes like you. It may be difficult for you to understand these words, but that's how we feel right now.'' I said. Some of the shipgirls did not seem to understand what I was saying. Some looked at each other.

''I, as the representative of the entire crew of the USS Downes, cannot say anything more than a big thank you to all of you who fought against the Sirens for the sake of mankind. I also, as the representative of humanity from the outside world, would like to express my deepest gratitude. Therefore...''