Let's go home

The four missiles continued unhindered until the ship came into view. Meanwhile, back on the ship, the radar operator kept updating the distance of the missiles every minute. These minutes were spent in suspense. The observation crew outside kept busy scanning the dark sky for the light of the rocket exhaust. The warning alarm hadn't gone off since two minutes ago. I borrowed the binoculars that Fletcher usually used to help observe.

''Missile in sight!!! missile in sight!!'' exclaimed a monitoring crew outside. It finally came into view. "AA division, destroy the enemy missile!

"Got it, Miss!''

The anti-aircraft operator went to work. The two VLS cells, aft and forward, opened. Booming sounds were heard from the stern and bow. Instantly, the bridge's view was slightly obscured by the smoke from the missile launchers. Two RIM missiles launched quickly and intercepted the four missiles. A flash of light was seen from here. Two missiles appeared to have fallen after being struck by the missiles. There were two more. Two more launched and picked up speed as they approached our ship.

''CIWS is ready and hot!!!'' Exclaimed the operator controlling the CIWS.

''BRACE FOR IMPACT!!!'' I exclaimed as the two missiles came into clear view.

The sound of gunfire instantly pierced my ears. Two strange lasers appeared and rained down on the missiles. But suddenly, the missile went vertical and exploded into small flares that illuminated the area around us. The sky brightened instantly. I walked out to the observation crew area. We just stared at the sky that seemed to be filled with those glowing flares.

Were those missiles flare launchers?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We went back to the exit. Running around silently, shooting at the passing guards and sneaking around. When we had almost reached the exit, the alarm suddenly blared. Panicked cries in German began to penetrate our ears. We immediately accelerated our running.

"SIE SIND ES!!! Several soldiers appeared in front of the door from behind the door while pointing their single-barreled guns at us. Without warning, we opened fire on them. All of them fell down. When we managed to get out, bullets ricocheted across us. We hid in a truck. I got into the driver's cabin and that strange girl, Aya, and Ange got into to dump. I'm trying started trying to start the engine.

However, the engine wouldn't start at all. ''Damn it!" I cursed. A bullet hit the door glass, but luckily it only passed in front of me. I turned the key but the engine still wouldn't start. The clanging sound of the bullets hitting the truck sounded eerie. Mark painstakingly fired at them with his gun.

VRROOOMMM!!!

The truck engine started. I hurriedly stepped on the gas. The truck began to speed up and hit the wire fence that had just been erected. I stopped briefly and picked up Mike and Amery who were still on the hill earlier. then drove back towards the beach area.

''This is the captain to the ship. Pick us up immediately, send Gravekeeper Two. We're already on our way-''

PRAANGG!!!

The door glass at Mark's place suddenly broke into pieces. Two KS750-type motorcycles were already on the right and left sides of the truck and two were following behind. The soldier on the trailer immediately opened fire on us in the driver's cabin and truck bed with his machine gun. I set the gear and then stepped on the gas with full force. But, the truck was too slow to leave the four motorcycles behind.

''FLETCHER, CAN'T YOU TAKE IT FASTER AGAIN?!!!'' Mark screamed while firing at the motorcycle soldiers with his M4A1.

''THIS IS ALREADY AT MAXIMUM SPEED YOU BASTARD!!!'' I screeched back.