Explaining chapter

Hello everyone, CIWSPhalanx here

Hello everyone, CIWSPhalanx here. This time I will explain a few details of this story. Maybe some of you feel strange or maybe it doesn't make sense in this story. But here, I will explain it a little further.

1. Eagle Union Military Police and soldiers, Sakura Empire's IA soldiers, and the Iron Blood's Wehrmacht

 Eagle Union Military Police and soldiers, Sakura Empire's IA soldiers, and the Iron Blood's Wehrmacht

'I said there's an important event here!!! You better get out!''  -Military Police quote in Chapter Combat Rescue (1)

''wer bist du?!'' -Wehrmacht soldier quote in Chapter Combat Rescue (3)

''We missed, Miss Takao, Miss Zuikaku! There is an intruder infiltrate our teritorry!'' Sakura Empira IA soldier quote in Chapter : Orochi (2)

''All images doesn't belong to mine'' - Author's quote

The reason why I added these soldiers is because it gives a military impression. If we look at the anime, the headquarters (I'm referring to Azur Lane headquarters with the exception of Iron Blood headquarters) gives a too peaceful and cheerful impression. Giving them a presence will make the situation in the story a little normal and tense. That's my opinion, but if you have another opinion, go ahead.

2. What really happened with Captain Fletcher and USS Downes at first contact with Sakura Empire?

In Chapter: Crimson Axis Declaration of War, the USS Downes had given Azur Lane the upper hand with its anti-aircraft missiles and CIWS, but why did it have such a hard time dealing with the Sakura Empire's Kamikaze planes later on? There is a reason for that. (In my opinion)

A. Missile Overshoot.

Despite having advanced targeting systems, missiles can overshoot. Especially if there are too many enemies to lock and the distance is too close. The targeting system may be confused because there are too many enemy aircraft. A kamikaze aircraft that flies too low and changes direction suddenly can make the missile overshoot and launch into the sea.

B. Overwhelmed Phalanx

USS Downes belongs to Flight IV which physically combines Flight I and III. Which means she still has two pairs of CIWS Phalanx. CIWS were effective in destroying the approaching enemy. Her 20mm guns (which in the Second World War were heavy AA rounds) were deadly and wiped out any approaching threats. But things were different with Downes. Being a priority target, Akagi and Kaga sent more Kamikaze aircraft to attack the USS Downes. The situation was difficult to avoid, although some marines had helped by using MANPADS. Because of this overwhelming number of enemies, the Phalanx became overwhelmed.

C. Fletcher was saved by Cleveland and USS Downes was half-sunken

Despite being pushed overboard by Fletcher, Cleveland still managed to jump onto the deck and pull Fletcher into the water. However, due to the effects of the Kamikaze plane's explosion, Fletcher lost consciousness. USS Downes? After being protected by Eagle Union aircraft via the carrier girl, Downes was half sunk due to leaks in the hull and stern. USS Downes was then towed to Eagle Union's secret facility for repairs.

That's all. If anyone wants to ask, you can ask on this chapter comment. Bye