The Orochi (1)

Morning has arrived. For today, we were off to rest after yesterday's operation in the dark. I sat at the window looking out. Gazing at the beautiful morning scenery. The wind was breezy and the day was quite sunny. I was lucky enough to get a dormitory with unbarred windows so I could sit at the mouth of the window. Some of my crew were doing activities such as exercising or just running around in the morning. If you ask me why I didn't come, it's because I start my activities at dawn.

Knock knock

''Who's there?''

There was no answer. Surprised that no one answered, I opened the door. And....

''BOO!''

''I've seen a lot more shocking things than a tomboyish blonde girl trying to prank a guy.'' I said flatly. It was Clevy (Cleveland) who tried to startle me.

''Hehe.... Good morning, Fletcher''

''Good morning too, Clevy...'' I replied while pretending to be sleepy in front of this tomboyish girl. ''So... what's the occasion?" I asked while leaning against the door mouth.

''Nothing... I don't have a daily patrol mission today. Want to go for a walk?

I thought for a while. It's okay too. Instead of me just aimlessly staying in my room, it would be good for me to take a walk outside. Maybe meet the shipgirls in person, or just enjoy the morning air. I finally said yes. I immediately took my long-sleeved T-shirt and also my black pants and sneakers that I rarely wore and put them on.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In less than two minutes we were already outside the dormitory area because my dormitory was downstairs. Out here, the wind is more pronounced than in the room earlier. The sky looks very blue today. The sun is also shining quite brightly. It's as if there's never been a battle here. From here, the harbor looks so beautiful. The ships are quite organized in their berths. My ship is invisible because it entered the Eagle Union's secret facility for special checks.

''It's said that there's a Royal Navy fleet about to join here?'' I opened the conversation.

''Yes, the first group arrived before you did. Prince of Wales, Javelin, Hood and a few others. Today the main ones are arriving. Warspite, Illustrious, Unicorn, Edinburgh, Sheffield, and above all, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth.''

''Queen Elizabeth?'' I asked curiously.

''Battleship... you know her right?''

I nodded although I actually didn't know much about that ship myself.We continued walking until we reached the shipyard. Unlike a typical military shipyard, the shipyard here looks like a small market. Some booths seem to occupy the left side of the road so as not to disturb the main road access. I also realized that there were not only shipgirls here, but also guard soldiers who looked like US G.I. soldiers during the second world war. That M1 helmet, that field battle uniform, everything they wore just like in their  war footage photos or videos.

''You know, this world takes a slight preference from the Second World War. So no one should be surprised if there are those soldiers here.'' Clevy explained a little about the world I was in.We passed by the small market, which although simple, seemed to be quite busy.

''Ah, Miss Yorktown, Enterprise!!''Clevy suddenly exclaimed when she saw the woman I knew so well. She then invited me to approach her.

''Ah... you guys are here too, right?'' Miss Yorktown said as we approached her. She happened to be with Enterprise, her sister. And one little girl.