Combat rescue (2)

I hope it won't be long on the island. A stealth knighthawk has been prepared on the heliport. Ready to be flown in. From the hangar we came out dressed and equipped with rifles and bulletproof vests.

 From the hangar we came out dressed and equipped with rifles and bulletproof vests

This mission is a special rescue. The plan is to be dropped off at a ship belonging to the Enterprise that apparently ran aground when the water level receded. This mission is limited in nature. Only a few people were needed for this mission. Only me, Angelia, Mark, and three other marines are participating in this mission. The plan was for us to be dropped off on the deck of the Enterprise and begin the search there, followed by sweeping the rest of the area. The ship can't help too much because of the strong signal from the siren ships anchoring across the island. The ship is also currently activating ECM(6) to ensure that the radar from the siren ships cannot lock onto our ship's position.

''Alright everyone, this is our team deployment location. Angie, Aya, I want you to search the eastern area, Amery and Mike, you stand guard on deck, Mark and I will search the coastal area. Does everyone understand?

Everyone nodded. A sign of understanding.

''Aya, I want you to stay close with Angelia. Everyone else as well. Stay close, stay alert, and stay quiet. Put your NVG(5) on when on island, don't let it off until we return, everyone understand?''

''Roger that, sir''

I heard someone running from the direction of the hangar. We all turned around at once. It was Miss Yorktown.

''Are you leaving now, Captain Fletcher?

I stood up and faced her. ''There's no other way but to go there myself, miss.

''Can't the radar from your ship track it? Why aren't we closer to the island area?!''

''You're a shipgirl, miss.'' I said while tightening the helmet strap. ''You know the risks of sailing too close to shore.''

Yortown was silent for a moment. ''Right, it will run aground. Even if it's just a destroyer.''

''Besides, even if it's an advanced ship, it's vulnerable to coastal cannons. A single shot will destroy half of this ship.'' I explained. "Rather than all of them becoming casualties due to radar efficiency, it's better to send a few people there. I said.

Yorktown was silent after I said that. But that was the reality. I couldn't sacrifice so many of my comrades anymore after the biggest sea operation started. I had already lost many friends and comrades during this war. Thousands of sailors, along with the ships they had taken shelter on, were now resting in the cold and darkness of the ocean. Leaving behind everything they love. Their families, friends, fathers, mothers, their brothers or sisters. For the Motherland, and for mankind.

''To that end, I've promised myself. I will bring them back safely.''

''Whatever your reason...'' Yorktown said. ''Please return safely.''