4- Beach Fires

~Song: Would That I

~Song: Would That I

I put on my black sweatshirt that read 'respect the locals' simply because it was the first sweatshirt I found in my suitcase.

It felt weird to wear it simply because I wasn't a local here.

"Have fun, don't get too drunk, please don't get the cops called on you." Mike said as Nora walked out of her room.

She was now wearing short athletic shorts and a surf locos sweatshirt, and she just smiled.

"Don't worry I promise to keep Ryan under control." She half joked.

The seal seemed to be broken now. She didn't have to act like the rich guys good child anymore since Ryan and Luke broke her cover. Her personality could be fully seen now, though it was still slightly shy... it was there.

"You ready?" She asked me and I nodded my head in reply.

She waved bye to her parents before we exited out the front door. Everything felt so rushed from the very start.

Joanne and Mike acted as if they'd known me my whole life and Nora avoided me and now I was going to hang out with her friends.

There was no room for introductions or hellos. I felt rushed from here and there and no one seemed bothered by it.

"Where exactly are we going?" I asked as we walked down her driveway.

"I'm guessing the beach." She replied

I had to speed up to stay by her side, she was moving quickly. We walked down the street and I could see inside everyone's home. It seemed like everyone had rooms with large windows.

Even the Bakers, but there's faced the ocean. At least there was some sort of privacy.

"Nora, no offense, but I just got here. I barely know you or your parents and now I'm going to meet your friends." I said finally voicing my opinion on the matter.

But Nora just shrugged.

"So? You'll be living with me all summer, hell I'm sure you'll know what color my tooth brush is by the end of the week." She stated

Basically saying 'you'll get to know me sooner than later'.

Part of me knew she was right, but part of me also wondered why she was so eager to have me meet her friends and not her.

As we neared the beach an orange glow from a fire could be seen in the distance. Laughter could be heard from several girls and the boys who I now knew to be Ryan and Luke.

It wasn't quite night yet so as me and Nora approached I could see everyone's faces clearly.

There were 4 girls sitting down by the fire and Luke and Ryan sitting acrossed from them.