11- Tide

~Song: Happy Accidents

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

~Song: Happy Accidents

Walking back up to the house, I was still dripping wet with salt water.

My crocs squeaking with every step I took, I kind of felt like passing out.

Making my way up the drive way, I went around the side of the house.

One of the best things my parents ever did when they bought the place was install an outdoor shower.

Turning it on I set my board in its shaded drying rack before stepping in the warm water.

I could feel as the salt washed out of my skin and hair, leaving in smooth and very dry.

I closed my eyes, I could stay in this shower forever.

The entire practice was fine, except for the last 20 minutes were pure torture.

Paddle, pop up, get down, paddle, repeat

Constantly and non stop. My arms felt as thought they were going to give at any moment.

I reluctantly turned off the shower, understanding how much water I was wasting by just standing here.

Stepping out I squeezed my hair while walking back to the front door.

My parents weren't home yet, or at least their cars weren't here. That had been normal lately, most night me and Finn came up with dinner and were out hanging with friends when they got back.

Upon opening the front door I was met with a sight that made me smile.

Finn sat on the couch with Phelps in his lap. Now Phelps is no small dog, he's a husky, so he was more half on Finn and half on the couch.

But still them cuddling together... it was cute.

Finn looked up at me as I made my way into the kitchen immediately searching for a snack.

I was starving and my stomach was making sure I knew.

"How was practice?" Finn asked, turning the volume down on the TV

I groaned in replied turning from the fridge with a smoothie in my hands. Finn smirked slightly but quickly hid it as I began to walk over, flopping down on the couch right next to him.

"Sounds fun." He said, making fun of me for not going into much detail.

I nodded my head, quickly chugging half the smoothie before speaking.

"Oh it was just delightful, now my arms feel like they are going to fall off and my ribs hurt like a bitch." I explained

Finn laughed slightly at my over exaggeration, before turning off the TV completely. Showing me that I had his full attention.

"How was work?" I asked remembering that he worked a shift with Luke today.

"Not bad, I had my first angery customer so that was exciting." He exciting a slight head nod