19- Brookies= Bad

I watched Nora carefully out of the corner of my eye as we walked toward the yacht club

After cleaning we both decided some food and a lot of water would do us both some good.

That and Nora looked like she needed a minute before going back home.

Though I had yet to be in Nora's room at the house, I learned that she liked things organized just from the way she kept her surf stuff.

The mess, the beer bottles, it was all very unlike her. Or maybe it was like her, a year ago.

I nudged Nora's shoulder as we got closer to the club house and Nora instently turned towards me.

"What?" Was all she asked

I pinched my lips together and shook my head, a light smile coming to my face when she rolled her eyes realizing I had nothing to say.

I had made it a habit of nudging her when ever we walked somewhere in silence. Truth was I liked to.

The way she would immedetly turn towards me, eyes wide and eyebrows raised. It was, well, cute.

As we walked into the building I heald the door open for her, entering into a fairly quiet bar.

Most of the tables were empty and the bar had no one sitting or standing by it.

As we got up closer to the bar me and Nora just stood at it. The bar keeper came over quickly to attend to what seemed like his only two customers.

"Um two Cokes please." Nora ordered "just put it on my dads tab."

I scuffed as I stood next to her at the bar.

"Does daddy pay for everything?" I joked earning a smile from Nora.

"Only my food." She replied

I raised an eyebrow at the drink I was holding.

"I don't think this classifies as food."

"Oh shut up." Nora said before taking a drink out of her soda.

I leaned against the bar looking at all the surf photos on the wall.

The closer I looked, I noticed quite a few were of Nora winning or an action shot.

I sucked in a sharp breath thinking about my try out for brookers in 4 days. Kia did come through and get me a quiet try out, hopefully if I was good enough I would make the team.

"Tell me a fun Nora surfing fact." I said gesturing to the wall of photos

Nora looked at them and then at me with a joking disgust.

"Trust me, there's nothing interesting." She replied moving her straw around in the drink.

She stared at the glass for a moment before looking back up at the wall.