32- Saturday

~Song: Eat Your Young

The competition was coming faster than expected.

Maybe it was all the time I was spending with Nora, or it was the nervousness about Saturday.

Which was today.

I felt on edge, even though I wasn't at the restaurant yet I kept checking my back.

Waiting for someone to bring it up that I was going to be hanging out with Kia and Josh today.

I pulled a t-shirt over my head and stepped out of my room.

Looking down the hall Nora's bedroom door was open a crack.

I could see her shadow move around the room as she paced back and forth.

"Yeah Luke I know." Nora said.

She must be on the phone, I never heard Luke come in the house.

"Look if I want to go after the comp, then I'm going." She paused for a second, "Yeah well you aren't my father so bite me."

I heard Nora let out a frustrated sigh.

"Look we'll talk more about the party tonight at dinner, alright. But just know it's none of your business what I do and do not do."

And with that she hung up the phone.

I scrunched up my face in confusion, party? What party?

Shaking my head I walked away from the door. Whatever Nora was talking about I could ask her later, right now I had to get to the restaurant before 5 or Josh would have my head.

Walking out of the house, I was met with the bright setting sun.

An evil taste in my mouth as I walked towards the BBQ place. Nora, Luke, Ryan... everyone thought I was working tonight, not meeting the brookies for dinner.

I knew the right thing to do would be to turn around, but I just couldn't.

The attention I got in practice depended on my social status with the brookies. 

As I walked up to the restaurant I saw Josh, Kia, and a few other brookies sitting at an outside table that I reluctantly walked towards.

"Hey! Finn!" Kia called getting out of her seat to come over to me.

She hung onto my like a tree frog. I looked down at her, her height very similar to Nora's.

"We saved you a seat, and ordered for you. Hope that's ok." She explained walking me over to the table

I faked a smile, behind it I was grinding my teeth. I wanted this bitch off my arm now.

Kia sat me down inbetween her and Josh, I was officially stuck at this table.