27- I Don't Compete, I win

"I mean, you could do the new trick we've been working on" Brady said still looking down at his clip board, "but it all depends on the wave and how confident you feel on the ride

"I mean, you could do the new trick we've been working on" Brady said still looking down at his clip board, "but it all depends on the wave and how confident you feel on the ride. I don't want you messing up a good wave if you don't think you can do it"

I shrugged my shoulders, not really feeling like surfing.

"Sure, I can do that." I replied looking down the beach towards a group of kids playing volleyball.

Brady sighed, he looked up from the clip board towards me.

"You better not have this attitude on competition day." He stated

I bit the inside of my cheek, looking up at him.

"Don't worry I'll pull through." I said my voice kind of sassy.

I always did. I'd put on the show everyone wanted me to put on, act all cocky and collect my winnings.

"Chica I know you will but this attitude has to end." He said, he stated to sound like a dad

He stared at me for a second as if he was thinking.

"Is it a boy again?" He asked

I bit down on the inside of my cheek harder.

"Nora esta no buena." He rubbed his hand down his face.

I opened my mouth to argue but Brady held out a figure and shook it back and forth.

"Ey no, no, quien el es, el es no bueno para tu."

I could taste the blood forming in my mouth from how hard I was biting down on my cheek.

"That's the thing, he is." I replied quickly feeling like I had to defend Finn

Brady looked me in the eyes, trying to read my thoughts

"Good enough for you to throw away your surfing career?" He asked gesturing to the ocean.

"Yes, well, I'm not throwing it away. I told you I'll be fine in a few days for the competition." I said

I sat down on the sand, instantly feeling the sand enter my bikini bottoms.

"Well, who is it?" Brady asked sitting down next to me.

Practice was well over and I was avoiding going home.

Because when I got home, Finn would be there

"Why do you care, I told you I'll bring my a game for the comp." I replied

Brady thought for a moment.

"Because I want to make sure that my favorite student is being taken care of."

I rolled my eyes.

"Brady, I'm your only student." I reminded him

Brady stood up