39- Finns Version

~Song: Mess

~Song: Mess

I leaned against a pillar in the house, a drink in my hand that I'd barely taken a sip of.

Alex stood next to me, a couple of other girl brookies who I could tollarate stood across from me.

We'd made our own circle, almost keeping everyone else out.

I wasn't in the mood to hang out with any of the stuck up brookies, and as a brookie no Masters surfer was talking to me.

As for my friend group, well after Saturday I'm sure they had abandoned me.

"So what are you going to do? You won, gonna get out of this shit hole?" One of the girls asked.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"I'm here for the sponsorship not the wins." I replied my voice loud to be heard over the noises of the party.

Alex shrugged.

"Like I said, get out when you can." I just laughed.

I should have learned that lesson at the start, from Nora.

In the end she was turning out to be right, I was being selfish and obsessed to not listen to her about the brookies.

After today, that was more than clear.

Josh was fired up after the competition, yelling and Mr. Brooker telling him about the money he'd payed and how he should win with that kind of money.

Then he turned towards me, telling me he'd get revenge. It was terrifying, the way he said it.

It didn't feel like he'd get me back on the waves, more that he'd try to jump me on the street.

I leaned my head back on the pillar, I'd probably only be here for another hour... try and get home before Nora.

Not that I didn't want to be around her, but rather she probably doesn't want to be around me.

"I'm thinking about cutting my hair." One of the girls said out of no where, trying to start a conversation.

"Really, how short?" Alex asked.

The girl shrugged but wasn't able to reply before we were interrupted.

A Master surfer named Pip barged into our circle.

Confused I watched her, I was under the impression no Master surfers wanted to talk to me.

"Hey Pip." I said, but when I saw her face she looked worried.

"Hey, this is awkward because I know you're a brookie now and as a brookie masters aren't really supposed to talk to you." Pip said her words coming out of her mouth fast.

"And I know you and Nora are on shaky ground but I figured because you live with her..."

I cut Pip off.