16- I Crossed a Fine Line

~Song: Feel it Still

I sat at the kitchen table, reading an article about the surf company back at my home town.

The kid that took my spot at the surfing school had just signed a sponsorship deal.

I sighed, knowing that could have been me. I would kill to have that deal right now.

I clicked out of the article just as Nora came around the corner and walked over to the fridge.

She was only wearing a red tie bikini that didn't cover much when she bent over to get an apple from the fridge.

"What are you up to today?" She asked turning around and walking over to the table but never sitting down.

Her dark hair was pulling back into two Dutch braids and honestly I liked it that way. I could clearly see the smile that was present on her face and the dimples that formed from it.

"I've got work, there's this boat on the dock that needs a new line." I explained leaning back in my chair to look at Nora further.

"Where are you going?" I asked, almost jealous of whoever got to spend the day with her looking like that.

"Work." She said with a shrug before taking a bite of her apple

"In that?" I said, almost surprised while raising an eyebrow

She smirked slightly, almost reading my mind about the suit.

"It gets me a lot of tips." She said before doing a 360.

I watched her as she did, biting down on the inside of my cheek. Dear God.

"Yeah I bet you do." I mumbled standing up as I did.

She just chuckled at me before walking over to the living room and giving Phelps a quick petting.

"Ill be back a bit later but I think my dad will be home to cook dinner, then maybe we could watch a movie or something." Nora offered

I nodded my head in reply.

"Sounds like fun." I said with a smile

I'd grown accustom to me and Nora's movie nights, it was something her family seemed to do a lot.

"Ok great." Was all Nora said, she moved forward to the counter and picked up her water bottle and a bag

She gave me a small wave as she exited the house.

I looked back down at my computer, opening a tab that consisted of the Brookers Surf Academy page.

If I did make it into the brookies it was gonna cost me close to an average of 200 dollars a month to surf for them.

Which I could easily pay for with the money I was making at work. I was assuming that the Bakers were not going to pay for me to surf with the brookies.