~3~ Owen puts 2+2 together despite being #insane

Tw: swearing, knives, talk of murder/assassination, cannon racism.

•~○●•~○●•~○●•~○●•~○●•~○●

Red was back.

He had been for a while now.

Owen had seen him around, and a lot of people had greeted him, asked how he was alive, ect, but Owen wasn't concerned for Red's health.

It had been less than a day after he had killed the half-demon that Red had showed up, and even worse, Red seemed to be following him. Keeping an eye on him.

Of course, Red was a human, so killing him hadn't been on Owen's to do list, but he had a tendency to know when something was suspicious. The timing was too good to be a coincidence,  there was no chance that something like this could simply happen. Red had been missing for months and then all of a sudden he just shows up on the same day Owen finally returns to his true self?

No, that couldn't be accidental. Red knew something.

But why was he trying to hide it? If Red had heard the whole conversation between him and the pest, Owen would be in jail right now. If he had seen Owen kill them, he would have called for a trial. If he had found them lying dead on the floor, he would've told someone. Besides, Owen had dragged its body by the water a few minutes after going to clean his weapons, though he had noticed the demon still breathing,, it was barely alive.. None of it made sense. Why was he trying to hide the information he had? Was Red trying to protect Owen?

"No, he wouldn't do that. He's too clever, " Owen heard himself mumble. "There has to be a reason for Red to be hiding any information that he has.  There's no way he doesn't want to protect himself or someone, or want..."

Owen felt his face twist into a glower as it dawned on him. The voices in his head exploded with anticipation, noticing what could be happening. All the peices clicked, it all made sense. Red had found... the dying thing around six days ago, most likely barely breathing, and saved their life. Maybe he didn't know who had done it, but Red had been keeping an eye on Owen, and there was no way a diamond-shaped hole with no nearby weapons could be accidental.

"That motherfucker is going to ruin everything for me," Owen muttered under his breath. Then, growling at the voices, "Where is he hiding the demon?! I know you know!" He started pacing around his room. When no answer came from the pandemonium of clashing yells in his mind, he pulled out a journal and began to scrawl, still pacing.

"I aimed for just below the ribcage, a softer spot in the body, easy to pass a spear through," Owen wrote out, thinking aloud. "A-" he scratched out what he'd just written. "The demon- hadn't fully died when I left him, but he should've bled out within minutes. Red would've had to compress the wound fairly quickly to keep him alive for longer than maybe ten minutes, but bandages wouldn't have been enough to save them. He would need a miracle, stitches, a healer... Soup!"

He slammed the book shut and tossed it aside, grabbing at his golden-brown hair. The irony was too much, the same person that had saved his life from the greiver sting saving a demon from his own spear? Owen felt himself double over laughing, falling to his knees as the emotion overwhelmed him, a flurry of anger and regret, fear clawing at his stomach.

"So this is your little secret Red? This is why you've been tracking me?" He said with a hysterical edge to his voice, picking up his journal and shoving it into his backpack as he stood.

"Keeping me away from Soup's hut, are you now? Well, I did tell that pest, and I honor battle promises, that he could let my little secret slip if he survived... it may not have been a fair fight, but that half-demon scum has bested me,  so they can say what they want. I'll relish the kill so much more knowing I did it despite having been revea-"

Suddenly he felt the voices explode and all the world blurred around him, and he staggered over, shoving against something to keep himself steady as he felt his head pound.

"Traitor."
"Keep your promises?"
"You're insane!"
"Don't you dare hurt them again!"
"We trusted you!"
"Apo was your freind, not 'scum'!"
"You act so high and mighty, but you can't even say Apo's name."
"SAY HIS NAME! SAY APO'S NAME!"

Owen saw he was leaning against a wall, so he pushed himself up and shoved a dagger into it with nothing but pure rage in his eyes, losing the calm facade.

"I DON'T OWE ANY OF YOU ANYTHING. THIS IS MY BODY, AND YOU ALL HAVE TO  DEAL WITH IT!" He ran his fingers through his hair and, ignoring their desperate cries and sheathing the dagger, regained his poise and addressed a specific voice in his mind.

The worst one.

The one that regreted stabbing that peice of shit. The one that used to be him, that was manipulated and used by the demons.

"Don't worry, I won't come after your precious 'freind'. Not yet, anyway." He said, rolling his eyes."They don't deserve to live on this earth, contaminating it, but I'm interested in what they have to say." He opened the door and began walking toward's the forest in the familiar direction of Soup's home, then paused and began walking towards his underwater cave, pulling out his dagger once more.

"We'll soon see who the crazy one is here, voices. We'll soon see."