~Mini chapter 1~: Dreams

Date to publish: 9/1/23

°•~°•~°•~°•~°•~°•~°•~°•~•~

"What am I doing?

Why am I hurting them?

Apo's alive!

Why am I scared of hi-"

"You are not scared of that scum. He is a demon. Demons burned down your village. You've already failed to kill one of them, You better not fail again"

|

Owen woke up in a cold sweat. He felt like he had been kicked across the battlefield inch my inch, and gotten stabbed a few times as well. Everything hurt, especially his shoulder and eye.

But at the same time he'd felt a strong sense of accomplishment.

Despite his disadvantages, (the lack of an eye and the fact that Krow was an unknown type of demon) he'd managed to disarm it and kill it.

Although a looming sense of dread was weighing on his chest, he knew he could take pride in this.

He had won one battle at least.

He decided to go find Magic and let her know the meeting was taking place today.

Owen found Magic a little ways away from her house and called out to her.

"Magic! Good to see you! Remember a few days ago I told you I wanted to call for a meeting? I think it shoul-" Owen started. But the minute magic saw him she ran over.

"Owen! Oh my God, are you okay? I swear your eye wasn't that bad before... it was still intact, right?" She said, concern edging her voice.

"I'm fine Magic. Please, can you tell Graecie to call a meeting? Besides me, she's the only leader we have left. If that still means anything. I'll go get Beks, Spidey, and Acho and Kyle. You guys deal with everyone else. "

I don't want to deal with the traitors. Or the demon scum.

"Sure Owen," she responded, already walking away. "But you still haven't told me why you need to gather everyone, or how it relates to your... physical state."

Owen could hear the worry in her voice. For a split second, he considered telling her his lie, but he immediately squashed the thought. He couldn't risk an inconsistency.

"You wouldn't belive me. Just gather everyone, I'll explain there."

He walked off, determined to prove to everyone just how dangerous demons truly were.