~Mini-chapter 6~: Verdict

Date written: August 29, 2023
Date to publish: 10/6/23
(Chapter 6 on the sixth!)

SECOND TO LAST MINI CHAPTERRR

8 teachers out without subs today, so super early release. I've had time to write a TON today, so that's fun. Also, I was re-watching "Spill Your Guts" (for no reason at all relating to this totally) and realized that
A: Owen dosen't know his own last name yet, and
B: Graecie is currently in a coma.

For my sake, in this AU Owen didn't drink the tonic, he gave it to Graecie. That's 100% going to come back to bite me in some way, but thats the solution. Also, Owen just remembered he's not "Agarci". Shhhh... It makes total sense.

599 words
°•~°•~°•~°•~°•~°•~°•~°~•~°

Owen looked around at all of the clearing members, when a sudden truth hit him.

This was the first time everyone had grouped together and had a legitimate meeting without it ending in argument or screaming or the group breaking up angrily. It was a funny concept, all those years of being a "leader" and trying to unite people didn't help them get along, but a murder trial did. He almost laughed, but knew that he was meant to be playing victim. Laughing in the wake of his attempted murderer wouldn't help the case.

Graecie and Rasbi returned, and Owen also noted how strange it was that the judge and jury consisted of two people, one of them still recovering from poison. But no matter. It was time to see that demon get what they deserved.

Graecie took a deep, shaky breath.
"Owen called for this meeting to try Apo for the crimes of faking their own death, escape from prison, and... the attempted murder of Owen. Apo didn't deny the other two charges, actually admitted to them, but they did... counter-charge? Or reverse-try? Owen for the attempted murder of Apo."

Rasbi nodded, looking a little pale. "Graecie and I, with permission from Magic, decided that Apo should be cleared for his crimes related to the lever. This is mainly because we think he's suffered enough, and also because Beks is living with us scot-free. This includes the prison break and faking their own death. Any objections?"

Beks started to speak, but Magic cut her off.

"We've cleared Apo because if we're going to let other criminals run free despite a similar crime, it wouldn't be fair to hold a grudge against Apo."

Bekyamon stopped, and Magic avoided looking in her direction.

Owen and Apo had both been expecting someone from clearing two to speak up, but most of them were either involved in the trial or not there... because of Apo.

Graecie sighed a small sigh of relief and continued. "The murder trials against each other though, we... don't know. Since obviously one of the two is telling the truth and we don't want to put them in prison together, or one in and the other out, or both just wandering around, Rasbi and I decided to put them both on house arrest. Magic will guard Owen because she's not a demon, and Guts will guard Apo because they could probably out-force him. Both of them will have all of their weapons confiscated"

Owen frowned slightly, but didn't show it. Apo nearly laughed of relief. As long as they didn't fully belive Owen, this was okay. At least he couldn't hurt anyone.

The meeting had taken all night, and the maze doors were slowly opening. Everyone was just beginning to leave when a voice shouted out.

"DON'T ANYONE FUCKING DARE LEAVE!"