~Mini-chapter 2~: Freinds

Date to publish: 9/8/23
A/N -DOP. WHY WAS THIS WEEK SO LONG?! Istg, time itself was taunting me. Monday was okf because of labor day and Tuesday and Wednesday were half days, and Thursday was picture day so all 1st period was devoted entirely to it, but despite being the shortest week I'm probably going to have, it felt UNBEARABLY LONG. Anyway, here's this week's mini-chapter. Hope you enjoy!
°•~°•~°•~°•~°•~°•~°•~°~•~°

Apo took a deep breath, preparing to knock on Soup's door. Red had told them he was going to stay at the fishing pond so that Soup and Apo could talk in private while Apo apologized, so he was all alone.

"C'mon me... its just a simple apology for running off like a jerk. I've apologize for les-"

Suddenly he heard footsteps coming their way. He jumped behind the house on instinct, and held his breath.

Silence for a few seconds.

Then a knock at the door.

"Soup? Magic asked me to help her get everyone together for a meeting Owen called for. Its important and apparently mandatory? Can I come in?"

Apo felt their heart skip a beat.

It was Bekymon.

"Can you just let Magic know I'll be there?" Soup called back.

"Sure" Beks responded. "Its at sundown in the normal area."

"See you then."

"Bye."

Apo waited until he was sure Bekyamon had left before turning the corner and entering Soup's house.

"Soup? I wanted to come say sorry. Its not fair that I got so upset at you for nothing, its not your fault for being honest and I'm sorry, I was just so stressed, and of course thats not an excuse, but I really did want you to know-"

Soup came walked over to Apo and hugged him, before quickly letting go.

"I get it. Thanks for apologizing."

"APO-logizing?" They said with a faint smile.

"Haha, yeah, APO-logizing."

Apo paused for a moment before sighing. His thoughts were racing and he needed to ask Soup a question.

"Soup... please tell me im going crazy and that wasn't just Beks you were talking to," he said, half dreading her answer and half hopeful.

Soup nodded with a strange expression on her face. "We all know what she did, but for some reason most of the clearing decided to let her roam free. She seemed really genuine with her apology, so we decided to give her a chance."

Apo felt their heart soar and sink at the same time. Bekyamon would definitely not be on his side that evening, but if she'd gotten another chance, maybe he could be forgiven.

"That's... good news for me I guess. I don't know how I feel about her being back, but ever since jail I've decided to just try to look on the more positive side. Like with Bean!"

A look of confusion crossed Soup's face. "Who?"

"Nothing, no one, don't worry about it. Just something for me and my voices to know," Apo said with a small smile.

They were interrupted by a knock at the door and Red's voice.

"Apo? Soup? Its me, did you hear about the meeting?"

Apo opened the door for Red and nodded. "Yeah, Beks just came over a little while ago to tell Soup. Is it weird that I'm less scared to see Owen again then I am the rest of the clearing?"

Red laughed. "C'mon Apo, you know how I feel about them. Just know no matter what happens, at least one person always has your back."

Soup stepped in. "Two. Just because Owen has pretty bad cuts and a hurt eye doesn't make your story any less true."

Apo felt like some of the pressure squeezing his heart until that point had been released and he could finally breathe.

Having friends was something he'd missed.