~8~ Fishing and feelings.

3rd pov: Apo

A/n: AHHHHHHHHHHHH my lack of Apo lore is coming back to bite me, I will be binging his pov after the beach day (in the very limited 30 min phone time I have at camp) but idk if I'll get the info I need. essentially, this might be very out of cannon and will probably be edited later. Take everything with a grain of salt and deeply saturated creative liberty.

Update ½ week later; 1:46 am.

APO LORE DONE! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I DID IT, WATCHING THE STRAMS AT 1.5X SPEED AND NOT SLEEPING WORKED! IM SO TIRED! AHAHAHAHA!

Update day of publishing: if I remember id like to publish a mini-chapter every Friday until I run out. So, here's your final full chapter for a while!
°•~°•~°•~°•~°•~

Apo raced through the forest, unsure where he was going. All he knew was that it was coming to get to be too much. The imprisonment, Beks tricking him, Owen attacking him, Soup not understanding a thing, the "trial" coming up, Owen faking his injures, it was a lot. He just wanted some space.

From everything, everyone.

He could hear Red behind him, but he didn't mind. The company was welcome, especially since Red was the only person Apo felt hadn't betrayed him already.

But... hadn't Apo betrayed him?

He saw where he was and stopped in his tracks.

The pond where he used to always fish.

He heard Red catch up to him and stop. Apo pulled out his diamond fishing rod and started to cast it, then paused and put it away. Red stood beside him.

"Red..."

Apo said, seemingly

"Yeah Apo?"

"I never apologized for leaving you. I was ranting about sucking at goodbyes, how if I could id go back and re-do my last interaction with my brother, and then I left you for what I KNEW would be the last time anyways, at least for a while, and I just abandoned you with a lame 'Sorry'. I could've died with that being my last word to you. I could've-"

"Apo," Red cut him off.

"You missed your friends. You wanted to go back and see them, but I didn't have any friends here. I just had you and beer. These people, they suck. They're mean and quick to point fingers and generally aggressive. To be honest we all are. GOD I sound so unlike my now, but my point is its not your fault you missed them. I just didn't want to go back."

Apo threw themself onto Red and hugged him.

"I never thanked you for coming back" he said, misty-eyed. "You had no reason to make sure I made it back, no reason to go back just to save me, but you did."

Red, who had been awkwardly standing there with Apo's arms around him, now hugged back.

"What reasons didn't I have? You were my friend. Besides, who else would give me beers if you died?"

Apo laughed and let go, wiping his face in the same motion.

"You're a great friend, even if you do drink way too much to be alive," Apo said, smiling.

"You wanna know the secret? If the Reaper ever tries to take my beer, I'll just go all Owen on him!"

Apo laughed again and cast their rod, but a small darkness was creeping back up into him. Soup, a stranger who's name he'd barely remembered, who Apo was responsible for the death of so many of her friends, had saved them.

And he'd gone and stormed off. In that moment, they made a promise to themself. He would never leave someone on bad terms again.

No matter what or who.

°•~°•~°•~°•~°•~°•~°•~

After note: school. Gosh darn it. Any new chapters will be pretty slow to come unless somehow the motivation to avoid homework is enough to push me to work on this. I will still be updating, the story isn't over, but it will be slower then before. (And before was pretty slow) ALSO (bold and underline so ppl read it) none of this chapter is meant as a ship. See you all hopefully soon!