Part 2

Umeed barged in her room quickly, locking the door shut as she let out the breath she was holding.

He was here. In front of her.

She couldn't believe it. Had it not been Aziz Uncle introducing the man himself, she would've thought herself to be hallucinating. Trying to calm her erratic breathing, she moved forward and settled on the settee placed in the small sized room.

Its been 2 years since she last saw him. Before they parted, she thought she would not be able to handle it and break down soon. After a while, she got used to the distance when she started working and found a goal to achieve, till the point that she thought that maybe it won't hurt anymore, even if she sees him again.

She couldn't be more wrong.

The feelings which, according to her, were supposed to dissolve only got stronger as the time passed and seeing him in front of her eyes after 2 years made her realize that in the hard way. Nothing was dissolved and nothing was evaporated. Distances were major but the feelings were still there.

She cursed her luck. It was ironic how fate brought her in front of the one person she was running away from.

All the memories came rushing back together, making a muddle of good and bad ones. Slipping into a plethora of memories, she smiled as she recalled one.

"I can't believe you lied to me again!" Farjaad was livid while Umeed stood there with a adorably sullen face.

"Please na Farjaad, it was a cute, innocent lie" Umeed pouted. She couldn't understand his overreaction to her stopping for a while to enjoy dhaabe wali chai. Which took a little longer than possible so she lied to him on the phone that she had gotten into a minor accident so she will be late for the get together planned by Farjaad's business associates, where Umeed was supposed to be with him on his request. What she didn't expect was that Farjaad would rush like a mad man to her location only to find her enjoying her tea.

"Cute and innocent?? Umeed, I was scared out of my wits!" He was actually frightened. Something bad happening to Umeed was his worst fear and when he heard she had gotten into an accident, it was as if someone had stepped on him and he couldn't breath.

"Accha naa, sorry" Umeed pouted again as she noticed the fear and worry in his eyes. The crac

"Tumhe andaza bhi hai mein kitna darr gaya tha?" His voice cracked at the end, he could not imagine something happening to her.

"Sorry" she whispered, looking downwards.

He took in a deep breath, "Ainda aap aisa kabhi nahi karengi" he commanded, pointing a finger in warning, trying to intimidate her.

"Acha bas karein na" She sighed, "I already have one Pasha Sahab to handle, I don't need another one" she added grudgingly.

Farjaad frowned, not liking the way she compared him to Pasha Sahab. He respected him alot, but his attitude towards Umeed always put him off. He was aware Umeed was not easy to handle but that didn't mean belittling her for everything she tries to do. It was really unsettling for Farjaad and he could understand where her trust issues stem from. She was always under the impression that she had no one to trust unconditionally, which was true in a way.

But Farjaad wanted to be that for her.

Someone she could trust unconditionally.

He sighed as he looked at her pouting face,

"Umeed..." he softly spoke, taking her hands in his, "I just got worried for you. Won't you worry if I don't pick your calls 6 times in a row and then hear that you got into an accident, only to find out it was a joke"