Part 13

"Naraz hain?"

No answer.

"Bataein na...." Umeed nudged, making him turn his head and look at her with the same grumpy face she fell in love with.

"Naraz hain?" She repeated her question innocently, her eyes big with wonder and lips turned into a pout, making him lose focus for a second before he looked away, maintaing his composure. He was settled on the couch, working on his laptop with her sitting right beside him, with her arms interlocked with his, looking at him while he tried his best to ignore her, but she was making it really hard for him.

Umeed had decided to crash at his office since she knew he would be mad at her after she bailed on their date night and went off to meet her college friends.

"Baat tou karein" She pouted, looking at him with her big, enchanting eyes.

"Kaam karne do" He replied in a monotonously.

"Tch! Acha na, sorry. Lekin mein kia karti? Mein unhein mana nahi kar paayi" She explained, hitting her pointed fingers together like always.

"Unhein mana nahi kar paayi, lekin mujhe call kar ke foran mana kar dia" he grumbled. He was looking forward to their date night, since they have been really busy for each other lately.

"Tou kia ho gaya? Aap bhi tou kitni dafa date cancel kar ke apne meeting ke liye gaye hain. Meine kuch kaha kabhi?"

She asked in her typical Umeed way, with her hands on her waist, trying to intimidate him by her petite frame, making him look at her with a surprised face.

"4 din tak baat nahi karti ho" He stated, making Umeed cower back in her place, because he was right.

"Tou kuch galat nahi karti" She defended, twitching her lips.

"Tou mein bhi galat nahi kar raha" He answered back and resumed typing on his laptop.

"Itne dino baad plan bana tha sab friends ka college ke baad se" she muttered slowly and pouted, trying to get his attention by acting cute.

"Asadullah tumhara college friend kabse ho gaya?"

Umeed's eyes widened. How did he know she met with Asadullah afterwards?

"Aap jaasosi kar rahe hai meri?" She narrowed her eyes.

"Mera dimagh nahi kharab. Mere ek client ne tumhe aur Asad ko wahan dekha tha" He explained, remembering how pissed off he was when he heard that.

"Isse jasoosi hi kehte hain" she quipped.

"Meine nahi bheja tha usse yaar. And do you mind explaining what was he doing there?"

"Ohoo. Bhaie ,woh tou ittefaq se wahan tapak gaya tha" she said, not meeting his eyes, knowing he would see directly through her lies.

It wasn't a coincidence. Asadullah had called her up, wanting to meet her to discuss about his and Mimi's plan to break the news of their relationship to Farjaad. Umeed had agreed to meet him, because he was turning into a desperate fool, but she had clearly refused to take it to herself to tell Farjaad. She knew she was going to get in trouble once he comes to know what she was hiding.

"And then he dropped you home as well"

"Haan tou? He offered me a ride and I said yes. Taxi ke paise bachaye hain meine" She lifted up her collar proudly.