Part 10

"Sawaal hi paida nahi hota. Tumne apne hitler bhai ko dekha hai?"

Umeed sat crosslegged, with a cup of piping hot tea in her hands, across Mimi who sighed hearing her best friend outright denying to her requests.

"Umeed, please na! You know only you can convince bhai" she requested.

Umeed shook her head, sipping her tea, "Mimi yaar, how can I convince him when I'm not convinced myself?"

"Why are you so unsure? You know AK" Mimi shrugged.

"Exactly! I know him very well. Woh idiot mujh se har mauke pe tou flirt karta tha and you want me to believe that he is in love with you now!?"

Umeed was astonished when she learned that AK had proposed to Mimi and they were apprently together now. Umeed surely was happy that her best friend was happy and her love was reciprocated but she certainly had her doubts.

"Umeed yaar he's not lying. I know him"

"Tum tou mohabbat mein andhi ho gayi ho" Umeed chided her best friend.

"Haan tou tum nahi ho bhai ki mohabbat mein andhi?" Mimi teased her back, shutting Umeed up as she tried to hide her blush by taking another sip.

"Apne bhai ko tou tum rehne hi do" Umeed made a face as the argument they had in the morning flashed in her mind over something she barely seemed to remember.

"You guys fought again?" Mimi raised her brow.

"Meri ghalti nahi thi!" She immediately defended herself.

"Han lekin kiss baat pe?"

"Woh tou yaad nahi hai mujhe" Umeed pouted making Mimi laugh as she pinched her best friend's cheeks.

"You guys really need to spend some quality time together" Mimi suggested.

"Tumhare bhai ke paas time kahan hota hai spend karne ke liye. Aur jo thoda bohot time mil jata hai galti se usmein inhein larai karni hoti hai" Umeed complained. She was really getting tired of demanding attention from Farjaad, who clearly did not seem to care at all.

"Accha mera masla tou hal karo" Mimi knew they would patch up in a while so it wasn't a big issue for her anyway.

"Haan wo...bhaie mein tumhare bhai se behes ke mood mein nahi hun. Pehle AK se khud baat karungi, dekhun tou uss ke iraaday kia hain"

"Acha behen tum le lo uska interview. Lekin tab tak yeh baat bhai ko mat batana" She requested.

"Mimi shayad tumhara dimagh waqai chal gaya hai. Tum chaahti ho mein itni badi baat tumhare bhai se chupaun? Unhein khud se pata chal gayi aur yeh ke meine yeh baat chupai thu tou pata hai na kitna udham machaenge woh? Aur sabse pehle shaamat kiski ayegi? Mujh masoom ki"

"Kuch nahi hoga yaar. Tum tou bhai ko aise bana deti ho jaise sach mein hitler hain woh" Mimi laughed.

"Woh hain" Umeed asserted "Changez khan kahin ke" she muttered and looked up at Mimi who pouted.

"Accha bhaie nahi keh rai kuch. Chai peene do ab chalo"

Mimi laughed and hugged her best friend.

Umeed sighed as another wave of memory hit her. It wad happening alot these days and this was the reason she kept herself busy and didn't like sitting idle.

Memories.

She was bothered by them. Because those memories had the power to break whatever she had built for herself uptil now.