Part 9

"Jee? Farmaiye"

Umeed was serious. The frown on her face and arms folded across her chest was proof enough that she was in no mood for jokes and Farjaad had to bite back a smile that threatened to slip out.

"Bethiye" he gestured her to sit, maintaining his proffessional attitude.

"Mein yahan bethne nahi aayi. I have a lot of stuff going on. Jo bhi kehna hai jaldi kahiye"

Farjaad sighed. This was going to be tough.

"Dekhein Ms. Umeed. Mujhe budget discuss karna hai, I need a few moments of your precious time"

"Discuss karne wala kia hai ismein? I've been vigilant enough and I've cross checked it twice as well, I'm sure there are no mistakes"

"There is no mistake but ek do cheezein discuss karni zaroori hain" He tried to convince her. There was no doubt that the report was perfect, except for one or two minor changes he wanted in it.

"Aisa kia discuss karna hai aapko?" She was irritated now.

"Asal mein ismein paise mere lagenge na. Since I'm the one investing in it, I need to be very thorough"

His sarcastic remark made Bilal chuckle, who stood at the back, making Umeed immediately glare at him while Farjaad had a smirk on his face, knowing he had won.

"Pehle tou itne kanjoos nahi thay" Umeed muttered and sat down in front of him while he smiled secretly as her heard her.

"Aapko bada pata hai ke mein pehle kaisa tha, Ms. Umeed"

Umeed shot daggers at him while he stared back at her with a smirk on his face.

"Kaam ki baat karein" she ordered as if she was the boss while he just supressed his smile and opened the file. He chuckled to himself realizing that no matter what happens, this girl will always have him wrapped around her little finger.

"Do you mind?" Farjaad stopped midway as he glared at the third person in the room. Bilal, who was waiting for Umeed's orders, immediately straightened.

Umeed turned around and gestured Bilal to sit. "He'll stay. He has worked with me on this"

Bilal nodded with all his 32 teeth out and sat down beside Umeed. He had hardly given any valuable input in this report but since Umeed ordered him, he gladly took a seat.

Farjaad controlled the urge to smack his head. There was no way this idiot was intruding between a little time he had managed to steal with Umeed.

"Get up" he growled at Bilal who stood up immedaitely at his command.

"Beth jao" Umeed said and then threw a glare at Farjaad, "Kia problem hai aapko?"

"I won't discuss such important matters with junior staff. Leave!" He spoke in a no-nonsense tone and Bilal was ready to rush out.

"He won't. Stay" Umeed was adamant.

"Leave"

Bilal was confused as his eyes kept bouncing from Umeed to Farjaad, not knowing whom to listen.

Umeed glared at Farjaad with her hands crossed. Farjaad stared right back at her with a frown. It only took a while before Farjaad heaved a sigh before saying,

"FINE. Stay"

"N-no sir, it's okay, I'll leave." Bilal stuttered. Something told him Farjaad Khan was not someone to mess with. He'll deal with Umeed Baji later.

"Umeed baji, mein bahar ka kaam dekh lunga. Aap bas-" He hurriedly spoke and was rushing to leave when he mistakenly pushed a file of papers which went flying down, creating a mess in the office while Farjaad's meter shot up and Umeed smacked her head.