Part 5

"Arre Umeed, aaj jaldi aa gayi"

Salma was surprised to see Umeed so early which was very unusual for her. Umeed never returned this early and ever since event shenanigans had started she sometimes even skipped dinr, returning in late hours. Salma had scolded her and Aziz both a million times but these two workaholics always had some excuses up their sleeves.

"Haan wo, I wrapped up early today" Umeed replied, looking around the lounge, trying to steer clear of someone.

She didn't elaborate the reason, now who would tell her that her mind wasn't working at all due to some Changez Khan and his thoughts roaming in her head. Plus, her female workers fangirling over how hot her ex was, wasn't helping at all but instead just added to her burning heart.

"Farjaad aa jao beta, chai pi lo"

Salma called him for their evening tea and Umeed was alert. She tried to dash before he could enter and spot her.

"I'm going up, mujhe thoda kaam hai"

She excused and was about to leave the room when she bumped into Farjaad who held her by her arms, stabilising her as she gained her footing. His grip remained firm as he held her close, looking at her with a hint of smirk on his face, his heart jumping in joy having her so close to him.

"Dihaan se beta..." Salma's voice brought them out of their trance as she pushed him away, making him chuckle at her aggressiveness.

"Sorry..." his deep voice reached her ears and a shiver ran down her spine at the proximity.

"It's okay" her mind was a confused mess but she managed to hold herself and replied with a side eye.

"Umeed beta, zara Aziz ko bula lo, unki chai thandi ho rahi hai" Salma requested, filling the cups of tea.

"Jee, I'll call him..." She said and was about to leave when he spoke.

"Aap..." His voice stopped her in her tracks, "Chai nahi piyengi?"

She turned around to see him standing with his hands folded, a slight smirk playing on his lips and a teasing glint in his eyes. Umeed and her connection with chai was one of the things that amused him to no ends. It used to warm his heart whenever he saw Umeed gulping down heaps and heaps of tea because it made her happy. And seeing that made him happy.

"Mein chai nahi peeti" was her short and clipped reply.

Her words were like an ice cold water over his thoughts. Umeed refusing to have tea, stating she does not drink chai. It was like he had entered an alternate universe. If there was one thing, Farjaad knew, was going to be constant was chai in Umeed's life. But, life surprises you in ways you couldn't have fathomed ever.

"Aapki chai"

"Haye shukar hai" Umeed sighed, grabbing the mug from his hands and taking in a whiff of the aroma.

They were settled in the backyard of Pasha House, with fairy lights adorning the blanket of the dark sky. There was no one around since the family was out at some wedding and Umeed had stayed back on the pretext of work. Farjaad, grabbing this opportuninty had dropped by, wanting to spend some time with his fiance.

"Chai ki tou baat hi aur hoti hai" Umeed sighed, taking a sip," chai se barh ke kuch nahi"

"Yeh sahi hai...hamari mohabbat ki koi value nahi hai" Farjaad complained with a hint of smile.

Farjaad sighed, plopping down beside her, holding his mug in his hands.

"Aapki mohabbat ki bohot value hai, magar chai meri pehli mohabbat hai" Umeed shrugged haughtily.