Part 6

Silence surrounded them as no one spoke for a while, not even realizing how much time had passed since they were sitting, staring into nothing, just sitting beside each other, taking in each other's presence.

He couldn't believe that she was sitting beside him, neither could she. He thought she would leave and she had thought the same. But here they were, sitting beside each other in complete silence, not knowing what to do next. There was so much to say but neither of them could find words.

After a while Farjaad couldn't handle the silence and took a deep breath before asking,

"Kaisi ho tum?"

His question broke the silence. Asking the most basic question anyone could ever ask, but it was most important for him to know if she was okay or not, it was his prime concern.

"Theek hun"

Her answer was as simple as his question was. Yet, there was so much to be heard and understood which was left unsaid by her.

"Really?"

He turned his head sideways to look at her, with a raised eyebrow, his eyes challenging, as if already knowing the answer and she just hummed in reply, still looking straight.

"Aur aap?"

He was surprised at her question, not expecting her to ask about his well being. Composing himself, he threw her answer back at her.

"Mein bhi..."

Both of them were lying and both of them knew that. But none of them had the courage to question any further. Instead, they just lost themselves in the stretch of silence once again. The silence was heavy yet so comforting. Memories circled around them, whispers of promises in their ears while the soft breeze flowing added to their melancholy.

It was after so long they were feeling each others' presence silently, it almost felt unreal. Umeed felt she was dreaming but what surprised her was that she didn't want to wake up from this dream. Farjaad on the other hand had imagined this scenario numerous times in his head but now that the woman of his dreams was sitting beside him, forming words was another task, he could barely breath. All he wanted to do was pull her in his arms and inhale her scent till it fills his senses completely, forgetting the 2 years they spent apart.

But there were some answers he wanted and he deserved it.

Managing a hold on his heart and emotions, he broke the silence.

"Everybody misses you"

She scoffed at that and he looked at her once again, surprised at her reaction. He had spoken the truth and he wanted her to know that. But her reaction concerned him. It was like it was hard to believe that her family missed her.

"Aapne kabse jhoot bolna shuru kar dia?" She asked, with a wry smile.

He wanted to hold her and tell her that he was not lying. That everybody did miss her. Silence had fallen upon the Pasha house, even Pasha Sahab had stopped shouting over everybody, it was like he had no energy left whatsoever. Aghu jaan kept calling her name, forgetting that she no longer resided there. Haya and Sameer missed their leader and had stopped pulling mischiefs like they used to, while Chachu kept pestering Pasha Sahab to call her once, even Chachi missed her.

But he knew she would never believe him. It was hurting him to see her act so nonchalant about it, not believing that she was actually missed. Instead, he said something that he knew would get a reaction out of her.

"Tumhara asar hai"

She chuckled and his features relaxed as he saw her lips pull up into a smile, making him smile wide as well. The feeling was surreal, them just sitting beside each other and laughing together at something so random felt like homecoming. Farjaad never wanted this moment to end.